• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 super newbie questions....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelvinblade

um... hi

1) i was wondering how a 80mm fan is attached to the ax-7? are there attachments included with the heatsink?

2) what are ways i can tell what temperature my cpu is at? how do i figure out temps such as idle temp, load temp, case temp? do i need software for it or is it built in?

thank for helping me out guys.

refer to tyhe overclocking guide. I use mother board monitor 5. It gives you all of the info you will need as far as temps and volts. Also try Sisosoftware sandra. That should tell you everything else. good luck

welcome to the forums, kelvinblade!

I don't have an AX-7, but from what I hear you can mount an 80mm fan on it with the included mounting hardware.

In order to measure your temperatures, you need the right software and a motherboard that supports temp sensing (most non-OEM boards do this).

My personal favorite software is MBProbe. It's very easy to use, feature-rich, and has never let me down. Plus it's free :D. Lots of folks here use MotherboardMonitor (MBM) instead. Personally I think MBM is a bloated hog, and I hate using it. But hey, they are both free, might as well give 'em both a try, see which one you like best :D

Back