• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ROXio easy cd 5 platinum: Engine Initialization Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathScyth_Hell

I just installed roxio easy cd 5 plat...and i cant run most of the stuff...i read in the roxio site about the Engine Initialization Error and they said that it might be a virus...i used norton 2002 with the updates and it didnt detect a virus...i updated it to the newest version of easy cd 5 and it still didnt work...can anyone help me?

That's because Roxio Easy CD is the biggest POS software ever written. That's right... it's worse than Windows ME!

Go get Nero 5.9.9.2.

What kind of cdrw do you have?
The software might not be compatable with your drive.
Give Nero 5 a try.

cruc1fy <-- I prefer roxio ezcd 5 platnium, been using it for quite some time with my lite-on 24x10x40 and have made no frisbeez yet with it.

I have seen only 1 other problem with it not supporting a cdrw.

did you remember to reboot after updating? It will give me that error if I don't reboot.

cruc1fy said:
That's because Roxio Easy CD is the biggest POS software ever written. That's right... it's worse than Windows ME!

Go get Nero 5.9.9.2.

Bite your tounge. I really liked Easy CD. It never gave me any problems. It is quite good, stable, and full-featured, even if it is a bit clunky.

And telling him to go get Nero isn't going to solve his current problem of Easy CD not working.

Now to the problem. Do you have any other burning software installed? i.e. CloneCD or even Nero? If so, try removing it. Easy CD doesn't like to share the burner for some reason. You might also want to run a repair install from your original Easy CD install CD, or completely uninstalling the program and re-installing it. That might help.

Back