• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hows this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratts

just did 9 hour burn-in at 1.75vcore with [email protected]=1.666
added volcano 9 and one intake case fan (equals 4 case fans @ 2 intake and 2 exhaust) room temp at 78'
this gave me 46idle with 48load
strange that temp raises only 2' during load and takes a few minutes to cool down to idle temp.. AND NOT ONE CRASH

all in all......GOOD ENOUGH......................

nope....but do have one.......

that reminds me...need to test my 1600 though with these settings......it was a 1900......cant seem to get temps under 48' load no matter how i config cooling system...going to either move to water or just leave the way it is....sick of spending money on heatsinks and fans and getting same results....i now strongly believe that really no other heatsink is better than other...got three strong heatsink contenders that everyone uses and cant seem to get results as they are.....temps or speed....i quit!!!! am happy with results of overclocking but had those results with pretty much stock cooling......if anyone has any ideas of what i am doing wrong i may get back into race but till then, my money is going for a better video card.......

check that its seated correctly-- u know the drill. Imo its all about ambient temps, that maeks the difference, i can o/c 300mhz more than i can in summer in winter ;P

i know this sounds funny............

believe it or not i really dont know if my heatsink is seated right or not....dont know any drills except take it off and on.....:( is there a special way or something? it does appear that when i clip the sink to the whatchamadiggy, it seems like its kind not level...well, hell i dont know......good point man...damn it your going to make me tear this thing appart again and get out level or something...he,he....no seriously...i have no clue on how to seat it properly....i think your right but not sure....please heal me......i'll be up all night worring or something now.....:eek:

Your heatsink should be set alright. If it were not, your temps would be alot worse. Your fan has 3 different settings. One of them is temp sensitive, that may be why you only see a 2 degree increase on load. One setting lets you run your fan on high, which is what you would want if your overclocking.

Back