• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7D Master multi??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

Hey guys,

I'm having a little trouble with my K7D Master concerning changing the multi. I am using 2 XP 1600 cpus(smp and multi unlocked). When I try to change the multi it will boot at the default and then I have to clear CMOS to boot up after that. I have tested each cpu in another board to make sure they were both unlocked, and they were but on the MSI board I don't get any other multis, whats going on?? Is there a BIOS update that will fix this?

I'm afraid I don't know. My Durons are locked so I've never changed the multiplier.

I had a similar issue with an ABit KG7 and a 1400/200 Tbird almost a year ago now. I unlocked the chip (the "B" Athlons came locked) and I went into CMOS to lower the multiplier so I could run it at 133FSB. When I would select anything but the default multiplier it wouldn't POST and I'd have to clear CMOS to get anything out of it. Sounds like what you're talking about.

For me, it was a BIOS flash that fixed the problem.

I have the KD7 Master V1.0 with the first bios with unlocked durons. I've not had a problem with it at different multi's on them.

It is a does like having the cmos cleared alot though i noticed that.

Thanks for the input guys, I just tried the BIOS flash and I still am having the same problem. Anybody know?

Caffinehog said:
It works for me... Maybe try unlocking the chips again?

I tested these seperately in another mobo and every multi works.

Back