• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Encrypto

Registered
i would like to order a 830LR PC chips motherboard from econopc.com with an athlon XP 2200 cpu, my question is...how do you tell what speed of ddr ram this motherboard will accept since they don't tell you...will it handle 2700 or more?

No offence but PC Chips aren't a good buy. All boards accept PC2100 and up, the rest are just rated speed so if you overclock your memory will take that fsbs....

Refurb 8KHA+'s are 40.00 at Newegg and I can't possibly imagine comaparing a motherboard at that price.

The only prob with the 8KHA+ are they are very picky about their psu in particular and memory. 256mb Crucial PC2100 is 60 bucks and an Antec PP412X 400watt is the best PSU you can buy right now although hard to find but another alternative would be the 430watt True Power.

the only reason i'd be getting this pc chips board is because my school tanked my tech ed teacher's computer budget, i won't be overclocking it at all since it's not mine...but i do want to know if you think the motherboard will hold up, or is it a POS

Piece of sh**, Piece of sh**, crappy all the way! (*sung to jingle bells tune*) I had one. It died fast. It was unstable for a long time before it died, too. And I never got the sound to work. And lots of pci cards didn't work properly in it. This was the one I got as a replacement for the first, which did the same thing.
Get an 8KHA or at least a shuttle AK31....

I guarantee that buying cheap motherboards is the fastest way to spend a lot of money on computers.

Back