• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The new TB1-stepping is here!!! I got it, yeah baby I got it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi guys and gals,

YES, YES, YES, I got it! I just came home from shopping and guess what I got wwith me. I just bought 2 Celeron 1 GHz A Tualatin CPUs SL6CB which means that these are tray CPUs with 1,5V VCore that were manufactured using the new TB1-Stepping!
I'll test them in a few minutes and perhaps in half an hour, I'll let you know how it(I'll test one of the two first and then I'll let you know) OCed.

Regards

Ingo;) :D

Last edited:
i'll second that. TB1 should be a good update for the celerysticks.

Well, guys, I think I have to dissapoint you. My results with the first Celi(remember I bought two!) were ar away from what I awaited from that chip.
It must be one of the badest TB1-CPUs. All it does is 1500 MHz at 1,775V!
But who cares!;) It was worth a try and hopefully the second CPU is better!

CELERON1500MHZTB1.jpg

The C1 stepping P-4 Celeron that you provided the link for is NOT a Northwood. Look at the die size, it's 0.18 micron. That's a C1 stepping Willy. All Northies have 0.13 micron cores. Avoid this CPU like the plague.

Hate to say this about those new Tualatin stepping CPUs, but with a little more effort, they might overclock half as fast as my Northwood. Awwww, I'm sorry... that was mean of me... lol.

batboy said:
Hate to say this about those new Tualatin stepping CPUs, but with a little more effort, they might overclock half as fast as my Northwood. Awwww, I'm sorry... that was mean of me... lol.
P4 2.66 cost the same as cel-t?
not half, just quarter price for half performance. :rolleyes:

Good point, I must admit my CPU was not cheap, but the 1.8a Northwoods are less than $150 US now. Some of them are hitting 2.7+ gig.

Well, I'm just testing the second CPU at the moment and I'm glad I bought two of them, because the second one is running 1,5GHz with default voltage at the moment!!! That's really good!

I'll try higher in a few minutes. This second TB1-stepping chip rocks!:D

Wo ist Todtenweis im Vergleich zum Neuschwannstein, usw.? (Es tut mir leid; mein Deutsch ist leider nicht so gut! Ich hab's 3 Jahre nicht geuebt. :( ) -- Paul

@jinino:

I don't think that it's worth it to upgrade yet. Wait 2 or 3 month, then the CPUs will be better, I think. And remember: tray to get a Philippines CPU. The Phili chips are better in most cases.

@macklin01:

Dein Deutsch ist doch einwandfrei!
Also Todtenweis liegt in Schwaben, ca. 20 km von Augsburg entfernt(und ca. 50km bis München), wohingegen Neuschwanstein im Schwangau liegt, also, das ist schon ein Paar Autofahrstunden entfernt. ;)

NICE NICE NICE!!!!!!!!
if they do well i see a watercooled 1.3 or 1.4 in my case soon to replace the 1.1A

Nice find

Celemine, Rio,

Danke. 1996 war ich Austauchstudent, erstens in Berlin, dannach an der Uni Hannover. Machte sehr Spass. In dejenigm Sommer hab ich einen kleine Bustour (auf?) Verrueckter Ludwig's Schloesse. Reiste ein bisschen in Muenchen. Ach, das leckere Feingebaeck!! (Klar, auch das Dunkelbier! :) )

Das sind gute Gedaechnisse! :) Danke sehr! ;) -- Paul

Rio -- das ist eine recht tolle Website! (tualatin.org). Weisst Du, kann man die PIII-S mit einem gewoehnlichen PIII Tutalin board, wie z.B. mein Shuttle AE25? Ich ueberlege, sollte ich den Versuch machen, die PIII 1.4 GHz-S Chip mal anzuwenden? 512KB L2 ... :)

@macklin01:

Ja es ist schon nett hier in Deutschland, aber in den USA muss es ja auch ziemlich cool sein. Es kommt glaub ich immer darauf an, wo man genau ist, und vor allem - das ist da wichtigste - mit wem man dort ist. Anscheinend hast du dich ja mit allen Leuten hier in Deutschland gut verstanden und deshalb hat es dir auch so gut gefallen;) :D .

And yes, you can use Pentium III-S CPUs, that were designed for use with special server boards, in normal Tualatin compatible boards like the Shuttle AE25, Abit ST6, Gigabyte GA-6OXET or Asus TUSL2(-C) and many more. There are no know problems when running a P3-S CPU in one of these boards.
BUT, performance will be increased in comparison to the 256KB L2-chache "normal" Pentium III CPUs.:D

BTW, I was able to run my new CPU(the second one I tested) upto 1,7GHz with full stability at a VCore of 1,825V. That's really awesome for a Celeron 1GHz CPU. It's a mere 70% Overclock!:D

2CELERON1700MHZTB1.jpg

celeron1700cpubenchTB1.jpg

celeron1700cpumultibenchTB1.jpg

Celemine1Gig said:
BTW, I was able to run my new CPU(the second one I tested) upto 1,7GHz with full stability at a VCore of 1,825V. That's really awesome for a Celeron 1GHz CPU. It's a mere 70% Overclock!:D

Nice to see these things finally hit the street...or at least German streets that is.

Did you try 165 FSB?? Just curious what voltage was needed or could you also tell us what other speed/voltage combinations you might have tried between 150 and 170 FSB.

Also, can you tell us what the FPO/batch code was on both chips. For such a wide difference on overclockability I'm hoping that they're from different batches.

Thanks

Celemine1Gig, and idea what is holding you back from getting more speed?
AT 170FSB you have with that one CPU, it is the RAM, MB or CPU holding you back????
new 1.3's might just the choise CPU for BX's then

Back