• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post here if you are over 1.9v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BBigJ

I'd like to take an informal survey here to help the discussion that started here. So, if you are running a cpu at over 1.9 volts or so, I appreciate it if you would post:
1)what cpu you have (and the stepping, if you know it)
2)what speed you are running it at
3)your voltage
4)what cooling you are using (low-end air, high-end air, water, pelt, phase change)
5)your temp at full load
6)Complete the following sentence: I consider my machine stable if ________.

some suggestions for #6 are
a)I can load windows
b)I can surf the web for several hours
c)I can benchmark my computer
d)I can run folding/seti or play my favorite game for several hours without a problem
e)my computer seems fine
f)I can run Prime95 torture test for 1 to 3 hours without generating an error
g)I can run torture test for 24 hours without an error
h)I can run torture test and Sandra burn-in (or another stressful program) for X hours/days without an error
i)I can run toruture test, Sandra burn-in, and 3DMark simultaneously for 10 days in 95 degree weather without generating an error

I am most interested if your answers to #6. Everyone has a "stable" computer, but I would like to know what that means to you. Personally, I consider my computer stable if it satisfies f). Although the list of suggestions tends from least stable to most stable the exact order is debatable and I don't want to start any arguements about whether g is really more stable than e, for example.

Thanks for your help.

1.)

AthlonXP1600+ AROIA-Y Core Week 13 Year 02
Epox 8K5A2
256MB Kingmax DDR 400

2.) 1905mhz (181x10.5 under Turbo Settings, except CAS is at 2.5)

3.) Vcore - 1.9V VDimm - 2.8V (Though my EPoX does overvolt a little)

4.) High-End Air, Alpha PAL 8054 w/ 52CFM Fan, massive airflow in case

5.) 51C CPU, 31C Board (Under Prime95 in Mid Afternoon)

6.) It really depends.... Right now, I'm running Prime95 no problem (Still testing CPU).

It is acceptable to me to call it stable if I can run SETI@Home full load all day with no crashes.

I consider it "Super-Stable", if I can run Prime95 for 6-12 hours or longer without failure.

1)Athlon xp1600+ AROIA-Y Week 16 Year 02
Epox 8k3a+
256mb Samsung pc2700

2)1903mhz(181x105 turbo cas2)

3)vcore 2.15v vdimm(3.1v)

4)water
leufken waterblock, magdrive pump, chevette heater core with
enermax 69cfm fan

5)35-36C case temp
59C running f@h3 and misc opengl games

6)stable is being able to fold and play games/do work without any problems. I mean, I can run it at 1980mhz if I'm not folding, but what's the fun in that?

1)AMD Athlon AXIA-Y 1000C
2)1467MHz
3)1.975V
4)ThermalTake Volcano 7+
5)45c
6)I consider my machine stable if I can run prime for 24 hours, run 100 loops of 3Dmark2001 and play a good 10 hours of quake3!

DS-Master

1) Athlon xp 2000+ "AGOIA Y"

2) 2024 mhz

3) 2.16vcore

4) Bong watercoling setup

5) 33c idle 37 load

6) I consider my machine stable if i run prime 95 for 24hrs including rounds of benchies and games.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone else? I'd like to get a dozen or so answers before I make any conclusions.

1)xp1800 Agoia "9"
2)its running at 1.9ghz
3)At 2.05 vcore
4)water cooled
5)varys with fans at full speed, temps at 32 and low its 39-40 and always folding.
6)Complete the following sentence: I consider my machine stable if __all of the above and more. its got to be stable with ambient temps at 28deg and my fans on low cos i fold 24/7 but still need to sleep.

Back