• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NO AGP 4X in 8K5A2+ BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eyeckilla

Registered
Does anyone know why i dont have an agp 4X option in the bios? All i have is 1X and 2X.......i can't even change the Ti4400 to 4X in windows either.......please help thank you

there is a possibiltiy u shorted out the vid card and lost ur 4x option this happens if ur card was loose upon powerin up. just try as above said reseat and power up. if its still not 4x there then visually inspect ur gf4 for burnt out traces. cos this has happen to me with a gf2 ti and i fixed it with conductive silver and got my 4x back.

last option rma the card

I have the same problem and I know that it is the card any idea on where to look for the burn't traces that would help me a lot.

edit: Good call on the burn't lead not hard to find at all hehe don't think that is a good thing.:rolleyes: Will perform sergury tomorrow I suppose. Might unlock my processor while I'm at it.

edit Well got the 4x back but I give those of you who are able to unlock your processor a lot of credit. I dunno what my problem was but I had one hell of a time and finally ended up giving up. It might have been that my defogger paint was too thick because I spilled a lot of it and that may have been what made it liquidy.

Thanks
Shawn

Last edited:
alright i tried updating the bios, no luck.........tried removing and reinserting the card, no luck......i tried looking for burnt traces, but i had no clue what i was looking for......basically, is 4X that significant of an increase compared to 2X? I play the usual cs, wc3, jkII. thanks a bunch

eyeckilla said:
.....basically, is 4X that significant of an increase compared to 2X? I play the usual cs, wc3, jkII. thanks a bunch

There is no performance to be gained with 4x AGP. Still, I'd be concerned because you might have a defective video card.

Back