• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MOHAA on SMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
Has anyone run MOHAA on an AMD SMP machine? Are there known issues concerning this?

I can get the game to open and even load a game, but after a few seconds, it locks up the game.

I'm running Windows XP Pro on a MSI K7D Master with Dual XP1800's and a Geforce 4 Ti4600. I was using Nvidia's 40.41 drivers, so I tried changing back to the 30.82 drivers. No difference. I have the affinity tool, but I'm a little unsure how to use it. I set the affinity filter on for the Geforce 4 and rebooted. That didn't help either.

I'm new to SMP. I hear that the Quake engine is SMP capable and MOHAA is based on the Quake 3 engine. Does that mean it's SMP capable? Do I have to do something special to turn it on?

BTW. I've run Ghost Recon, Army Operations, and Jedi Knight 2 on this machine without any problems.

It's more likely the stupid registry problem in mohaa thats getting ya. If you've installed the game on your HD before, then uninstalled it for whatever reason, you need to manually clean your registry of the game in order to reinstall it.

I've also had custom skinz cause lock ups on me....

Either of those apply to you?

That sounds VERY possible. I've changed my system several times, without reinstalling MOHAA and I bet the registry is all fouled up.

What keys should I look for in the registry? "Medal of Honor" "Allied Assault" "EA Games" any ideas?

deleted all registry values and all files. Reinstalled and everything is working again. Thanks everyone for your help.

Back