• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Baaaad scores gf2mx400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkseid

Hi, a friend buy 2 GF2mx400 brand Pine :eh?:

well the thing is... they can`t do beyond 2000 point on 3dmark
core is 210 and mem is 215, 2000 points is with det 40.41, with 30.xx a little lower, and 20.xx same :mad:

both cards sucks in tualeron 1.43g or athlon xp 1700+, they are both very good systems, i don`t want to list all specs, they are good trust me, the chip said it`s a mx400 and the card bios too so the only things that comes in my mind is that they are mx200 remarked and with the mx400 bios, because default clocks are 200/166, am i right? what do you guys think?? with another mx400 200/190 i made 3000 points in the tualeron, so... is the card no doubt of that

any ideas??? what could cut to half a card performance?

I have a PNY one, with fan. My PCI card only gets in the 2,800's with stock settings so i dont think anything is wrong with the scores.

on a tbird 1ghz my best score was 3280. and mine was waaaay overclocked. i think your score is a tad low, but not suspect.

yes i know is slow, this is not my card thankfully, but in this system with 2 other gf2mx400 i made 3000, so this 2 pine cards are a piece of crap, that`s for sure, but why?

Sipheren said:
I have a GF2 MX400 from Leadtek, I can only get it to 260/180, and that gets me about 28863dmarks.

28863 is huge! I can't even get that high with my ti4400 :D
j/k

I'm guessing its suppose to be 2863?

Just three things :

1. Make sure your chipset AGP driver is installed....
2. Make sure video aperture is correcly configured in BIOS (at least 64M).
3. Failing that, I would swap card with another mx400 *in the same system, as it is* (if possible), to determine whether it's the card or whatever is installed.

Regards
FTC

Thanks for the info but if you read my first post i say that the system is ok, i mean drivers, bios and i try not one but 2 gf2mx400 more and both were arround 3000 3dmarks, and in the same system the 2 pine mx400 are arround 2000 3d marks, so i KNOW that the Pine cards are the problem, that`s for sure, what i want to know is WHY? i mean they overclock really well and don`t seem to be far away from reference card, what can a company do so bad to make a good gpu be half slow than reference??

Last edited:
mmm let me just make this clear:
2 x gf2mx400 no name 200/180 both get arround 3000 3dmarks
2 x gf2mx400 Pine brand 200/215 BOTH get arround 2000 3dmarks

and the 2 first was without 40.41 drivers, with them it would be more than 3000 each i think.

yes, is sdram and if the answer is slow memory then why the two no name gf2mx400 with only 180Mhz memory almost double the performance of the two Pine gf2mx400 with 215Mhz memory?
i can`t see why memory is the problem here, any more detailed explication please? am i missing something?

You have low bandwidth with the slow sdr. Also in your first post you said you had a better score with your Tualeron. It looks like you are running a higher fsb with that system which overclocks the video card also. You don't have a divisor set do you? If you don't then that is your answer.

i really apreciate all of you trying to help, but... it seem that only a few reads all the thread before answer, well thanks anyway, it`s just an advice, read before you post!!!

Back