• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can the Abit max2....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Real CyReX

Registered
Can the Abit max2 hold the new amds like xp2600+ etc. i've been to their website but it doesn't show? And i love their boards! As most of you according to poll!!!

Cyrex...

if you gonna oc dont get the abit max2 go for the abit max mainly cause the max 1 has more ide ports and the max 2 has NO 1/6 divisor.

the abit KD7 does though

Emericana said:
if you gonna oc dont get the abit max2 go for the abit max mainly cause the max 1 has more ide ports and the max 2 has NO 1/6 divisor.

the abit KD7 does though
How sure are you about that information? The nice thing about the MAX2 is that it has SATA Controllers & being the same chipset as the KD7/RAID, the 6:2:1 option will be available with some limitations.

Thanx...

Thanx for the info, but same as me you also don't know for sure if they support the new chip range!

Cyrex...

Hi all,

Orginally posted by Sonny
How sure are you about that information? The nice thing about the MAX2 is that it has SATA Controllers & being the same chipset as the KD7/RAID, the 6:2:1 option will be available with some limitations.

Its common knowledge now that the KT400 chipset does not support the 1/6 divider.

Paul...

Paul.K said:
Its common knowledge now that the KT400 chipset does not support the 1/6 divider.
Yup ABIT has disabled the 6:2:1 option for now with their latest BIOS release. I have been trying to enable it but I cant seem to save my settings with the newer ABIT BIOS revisions.

Hi Sonny,

Sonny even if you got the 1/6 divider to be selectable in the bios it still would be a completely pointless because the chipset would not support such a divider. I posted earlier some info. concerning a revised KT400 chipset which hopely (if Via listens to its customers) will have the 1/6 divider implemented on their chipsets.

Paul..

so........ im looking at KD7-Raid KT400 SKT A RAID cost 150bux w/raid is this the board ur talken about is it worth 50bux more then the -333 board?

i guess just grab the KX7-133R board now cause its way cheaper and or wait for the newer KT400 revision.

Funny thing is why in the hell did VIA think they could possably come out with a chipset called KT400 when its not gona support DDR400? Like doh! They really didnt think people would be screaming about this? I mean hell i was long ago when i heard that it wouldnt offically support DDR400.

KnownKiller said:
Funny thing is why in the hell did VIA think they could possably come out with a chipset called KT400 when its not gona support DDR400? Like doh! They really didnt think people would be screaming about this? I mean hell i was long ago when i heard that it wouldnt offically support DDR400.
You ever hear of the KT133 & KT133A? It's not the first time this has happened & it won't be the last.

natopotato said:
should i get the kt333 the kt133 or the kt400? im so confused
Forget the KT133A & just concentrate your research on the KT333 & KT400. Take a close look at what you want & what you want to compromise then take a look at the cost of everything. Good Luck & lets keep your questions on that other thread you have & ask a mod to transfer it to this section.

I have a AT7max2 and the 1st bios was a mistake. The current KT400 chipset does NOT support 1/6 divider and it did not work at any setting. The fixed (no 1.6 divider) bios is nice and has 2400,2600 and 2700/333 settings and I have a2400 and it is factory unlocked as long as the MB supports the cpu and this one does. have all multipliers up and down without doing anything to the chip, and the bios already shows the 2700 having a 333 automatic bus. i am running xms3500 at up to 214fsb on the board and the 2400 at 2250mhz on air cooling.

Back