• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax 365, Not cooling well. [Comments requested]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bartman

Registered
I just installed my new Enermax 365 (351 Watt) today. (not the 351/ 331watt).

It has an extra 92mm ehaust fan built in, and I was hoping that this would act like a temporary blowhole, as it sucks heat right off the HSF and shoots it out the case.

Here is my question: By placing my hand behind the case, I can tell that it is pushing out LESS air then my old AOpen 250w PS was, and it didnt have an extra fan!

I havnt really looked, but maybe the 92mm fan isnt spinning? I was expecting much more airflow out of the powersupply then what it has.

Case temps havnt dropped, CPU temp hasnt dropped. Maybe 1-2F max, but that could be ambient differences.

Can anyone comment on the Enermax line?

It probably has to do with a little piece of electronics they added to their PSs (my sparkle PS uses it also
and they call it a 'noise killer')
If you want to be sure try adding or removing some drives and/or fans (everything that uses power from your PS),you then should be able to notice the difference.
PSs have fans only to keep the PS itself cool,so there's no need to let the fan(s) spin at max.RPM (and max. noise) when you're only using 70% of it's power.

Bartman, I really wouldn't rely on the PSU as a means of exhausting heat. Yes, the fan exhausts, but you really need an alternative exhaust fan. Without knowing your prior setup, the Enermax's have a different pattern as far as fans go. and are different in different cases.

I just cut the temp probe off and connected the 2 wires together and wrapped some electical tape around it, now both fans run at full speed all the time.
Its not very quiet anymore thou and I guess my warranty is void.

stool (Apr 13, 2001 11:37 p.m.):
Bartman, I really wouldn't rely on the PSU as a means of exhausting heat. Yes, the fan exhausts, but you really need an alternative exhaust fan. Without knowing your prior setup, the Enermax's have a different pattern as far as fans go. and are different in different cases.

I wasnt relying on it, it's just a temporary thing (I have the parts for ehaust fans) but I had read reviews saying it lowered case temps etc...

I bought it for the Wattage, not the cooling, so if doesnt really matter, I was just hoping for a little extra bonus :) I was thinking that sucking the air right off the cpu would be great for case temps... Oh well, I got lots of fans here to put in, so they would all probably overpower the PS fan anyway :)

Thanks for the replys guys,

Back