• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

malay week 12 p4 2.4B. any predictions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you sure about that WW (work week)? I don't think intel was up to rev b on the northwoods WW12. WW12 started March 18th.

I put the 2.4 in and started to O/C it. I got it to about 2.7Ghz 1.55V. 2.8Ghz around 1.65V. I've got my DDR400 ram at 1:1, so I'm 100% sure that its the processor's limits.

I'm kinda disappointed since I was hoping to get to 3.0Ghz. Who knows, maybe I'll get some burn-in mojo and in a month I'll end up around 2.9 or 3.0.

Abit BD7 (thus the reason I cant get above 1.65V), Alpha PAL 8942 3000RPM fan, Corsair PC3200-C2.

doormat said:
I put the 2.4 in and started to O/C it. I got it to about 2.7Ghz 1.55V. 2.8Ghz around 1.65V. I've got my DDR400 ram at 1:1, so I'm 100% sure that its the processor's limits.

I'm kinda disappointed since I was hoping to get to 3.0Ghz. Who knows, maybe I'll get some burn-in mojo and in a month I'll end up around 2.9 or 3.0.

Abit BD7 (thus the reason I cant get above 1.65V), Alpha PAL 8942 3000RPM fan, Corsair PC3200-C2.
buddie, if your cooling is good, pin wrap the chip for 1.7v. i did that and i can run the chip at 167 fsb on that voltage, which with the bd7II is about 1.63v.:D

i guess ill have to wait to see what this one can do. after reading the 1.8 shoot out on our site and reviewing the cpu data base for 1.8a ive dertermined that week # has little to do with the outcome. the reason i looked at 1.8a is because there is alote of info on them. just look at L149 malay, they range from @2.8 [email protected].
there isnt much info good or bad on the 2.4 anywhere on the internet. i predict they will be on average the same as the 2.26 and 2.53. we just need more info so we can get a average:)

jdmcnudgent said:
buddie, if your cooling is good, pin wrap the chip for 1.7v. i did that and i can run the chip at 167 fsb on that voltage, which with the bd7II is about 1.63v.:D

Its not, I dont know if it was by BD7 messing up, but it was reading the temp at 60C when i was running above 2.8Ghz. Maybe it really was 60C or the BD7 like most other abit boards were reading the temps too high.

It really doesnt matter anymore though, as I somehow managed to fry my BD7. I'm PO'd to say the least, and I have no other P4 mobo to test with so I cant see if my processors are OK. I'm taking suggestions on what board to buy next (DDR, fixed PCI/AGP speeds, must be both OCable and reliable).

I just got a 2.4B, but mine is from costa rica..
Code SL684

I have it at 2800(155 bus) at the moment, using the stock HS/F with only one 80mm intake fan in the case.. Would boot at higher but crashed.. Vcore acording to MBM is 1.55(10% in bios).. I'm not going to try higher untill i get my alpha pal8924 :p

Running at 63°c after 3 hours of crunching out Prime numbers :eek:

I think(and hope) it'll be good for close to/or 3ghz with propper cooling(and when i get my alpha i'll bother to wire my 3pin fans so i can have a bit more airflow)

2.4 what.:D
3333.JPG

hey my abit it7 when i select 1.7 vcore in the bios. the hardware monitor shows a fluctuation 1.65-1.66v. what numer are you guys going by? its a little flaky at this setting ang 2.9 ghz. i just did a night of burn in and im going to try the vid pin trick. this is a very impressinve heatsink though. idel has been 39 c and seti over night is 44 c

With my BD7, i set it at 1.7V and winbond hardware monitor says I'm around 1.62-1.60V. Of course it also says that my CPU temp is 52C idle (which I find hard to believe). Abit boards are known to undervolt and overtemp.

looks to be stable at 2.95 but 3.0 is unstable so i bet 2.95 isnt either. this is at 1.7 v from the hardware monitor or 1.75 in the bios this corsair memory is awful nice too. its at 436 ddr

Back