• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked, but cant get all multipliers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Natf

Registered
I tried unlocking my XP1800 the other night. I used normal white thermal paste to fill the pits in. Wiped it off to make sure there was none on the L1 points, then used conductive silver paint to close the bridges(which is not as easy as some would have you believe! :) )

Using the Soltek SL75DRV5 board, I could only select certain multipliers. I could get 10x, and 11x, but no 11.5 or up. Even the lower ones didnt want to play.

Any ideas? Did I not close the bridges properly or maybe the pits were not filled properly?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks

Nath

If you can't get all the multi's, you've done something wrong. Sometimes it's obvious if you look close enough with your magnifying glass, other times it's hard if not impossible to tell what the problem is.

My 4th unlock which I did about 2 weeks ago... I had problems like you described. After my 1st attempt on this chip I only had like 10.5 and 11 multi's. I ended up having to make 3 attempts before I got the chip fully unlocked.

Like you said, connecting the bridges cleanly isn't easy. It's very easy to accidentally cross connect pairs of bridges. Like I said, just take your time really examining all your connections.

You may have gotten some silver pen stuff into a pit... be sure to check for that.

There is a thread lower down on reasons and clues as to why this occurs and a very good link on the subject.

Ah, did you scrape the coating material off on the L1 bridges? Sometimes it's there, esp on the green ones. Try scraping at the copper points with a razor or something until they get all shiny and s3xi. I mean, until they're clean. :)

OK I assume it is a palomino you have not a Tbred. What you have is a partial unlock - your inability to get the 11.5 suggests a problem with the 1st bridge at least being grounded (0.5x bit). If you have a multimeter try and check each bridge. Attempts to get say 7 multi which results in 11 multi (you havent said if lower multis attempts result in no boot or different multi) also indicated a problem with the 4th bridge (4x bit)

Last edited:
Back