• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Brands....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scarface01

I have An Infineon DDR 128 MB 2100 ram, and i was wondering is it good to get another peice of ram that is the same exact brand, or does it matter if i just get any other brand. And the store im buying it from doesnt have the good brands like kingston, crucial , samsung, etc. Also i don't order from the internet.

There is a chance that you will have problems if you get two brands of memory. Always safe to use the same.

If you're not overclocking much, (and I doubt that you are with infineon memory,) there's really no problem with mixing brands, just as long as the specifications are the same, (pc2100, cas2 or cas2.5 same for BOTH,) or you run at the speed of the slower module. (If you have a pc2100 cas2.5 and a pc2700 cas2, you have to run both at 133mhz (pc2100) cas2.5)

No, not all. It should be listed at there site, which is why so many people say not to go with Generic Cheap-O RAM. What is wrong with buying from the internet, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh ok. The reason why I Don't buy from the internet is because i live in canada and i would have to convert my money to american dollars, plus if i have a problem i would have to mail it all the way back and wait for long just to get a replacement. So i rather buy from a near by store.

Argh... aren't there any good canadian online vendors? If you ever find one, post it in the vendors section here... There are lots of canadians on this site, and I am certain they would appreciate it.

Back