• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't flash the bios on my k7d master.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caffinehog

Übercaffinated Member
I have tried it many times. Each time, it freezes up either where you enter the filename or right after you save the old bios but before you program the new. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Just got the same board. Haven't tried to flash the bios yet. As maximouse said, there may be a jumper, but I did not see it in a quick read of the manual. ALSO, sometimes there is an option IN THE BIOS, that needs to be enabled for it to be overwriten.

Let us know if there's a trick, and if you get it working.

I've looked for both and found neither. MSI's website does not say anything that I can see.

Have you entered the command exactly as they tell you to in the Award BIOS flash instructions?

awfl816a w6501kms.130 /sn/py/cc/cp/f

Copy the command line above and paste it into Notepad. Then save it on your boot floppy as runme.bat. When you boot the computer from the floppy, just type "runme" and the bat file will enter that long command line for you.

I just flashed my K7D a few hours ago using the BIOS off their website and this runme.bat file. It worked perfectly for me.

it is probably your floppy drive .....
try this use a win 98 boot disk
copy awdflash.exe and bios update file to the virtual disk
the boot disk creates

then go to that virtual disk C: or D: or what ever it said it was
type in the awdflash command i think it should be
awfl814a w6051kms.103 or something like that and it should start to run from virtual disk

I am quite familiar with the proper procedure for flashing the bios... it's usually the first thing I do after testing a new board. It just freezes up before it can start to reprogram it!
Are there any other programs I can use other than the award flash program bundled with the bios?

dude i had the same exact problem..... kept freezing after it saved old ios to floppy..... floppy is problem .... use my method described above and it will work with virtualdrive .... tried 10 times with floppy and command line never worked copied awdflash.exe and w6501.110 bios fle to vrtualdrve then ran awdflash nd it worked first time..... do it

Back