• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win2k IIS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaneda

ok i have iis installed, dumb question but... what now? :/
all it did was install a bunch of folders for the server, wwwroot, etc. etc. but how do i take use of this?

any help appreciated.
Drew

put your web pages in wwwroot, and ya got yourself a website, if you have a static dns just type it in, and should pull your home page up, and if its dynamic you can just type that in also, and your set or you can go to www.dyndns.org and follow directions to access your dynamic ip with a name (i.e. johnny.dyndns.org)

how do i set permissions, i keep getting a pop up login screen for "realm rp114"

Protected Object
This object on the RP114 is protected

Last edited:
ok, got it all setup (my friend knew how) but.. i figured out the rp114 its my router, netgear rp114. how do i set the router to allow the port to be accessed??

ok got into the router setup but didnt see anything helpful besides it had a configurator for ddns and i set that up with dyndns.org in conjunction with my router. but the fact still remains its closing port 80 to outside users (and i) so i need to open that up or allow access.... any help is appreciated.
'

thanks,
Drew

yes, and there site has close to no info i downloaded the manual and it was a whopping 2pages long :O

I'd be careful using IIS to host a website through your broadband connection, especially if you're not familiar with it. IIS is notorious for security holes.

Drew.. if the manual has no info and neither does the site.. and you really can't find it in the settings then most likely its not there. Not all routers are setup to broadcast.. especially the really cheap ones.

I'd get a new router that either allows port forwarding or DMZ at the very least.

SMC Barricade is a good choice though Linksys and netgear have equivilant routers.

it is a netgear. ,and has dmz support and im sure it has everything else. BUT i dont know WHAT im looking for.

Back