• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quietest air cooling for athlon xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

everx

Registered
I helped put together a computer for a friend, and hes unhappy with the current loudness of his amd athlon xp system. I was curious what you guys would suggest for cooling his cpu. I believe its an xp 2000+, or atleast its in that range.
Whats the QUIETEST heatsink/fan combo you guys can think of?
I'm not looking to overclock or anything. just something that will get the job done, but quietly.
Thanks

Would you suggest that i get a thermalright slk800 and just put an extremely quiet fan on it?
if so what fan would you recommend?

I would recommend the AX7 + a Tt Smart Fan II and adjust it to their likings in term of sound and make sure the performance isn't too off either ;)

also would like to mention that money isnt that important to him.
Although id still like it to be a air cooled system, simply because water cooling is a bit too much work

If money is not important, get an AX7, and a fan adaptor for 80mm to 92mm or 120mm. 120mm fans are generally quiet... With this one you can get 86CFM at 36DB. http://becooling.safeshopper.com/22/125.htm?771
With a fan adapter, the airflow will be cut down a little, so you can really only expect about 70CFM. This will be quieter than a glaciator. (38db.)

Back