• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

221 CFM MONSTER!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ExtremeOC

found a fan at my local autoshop for 15 CDN, a 221 yes 2 hundred, twentyone CFM fan.

hehe what a MONSTER!!!
it goes into the wall.
wow, cant watit to get.
it'll help my duron.
the FOP32-1 is a good hs/f unit, but my 650 MUST cruise @ a gig for me to be happiest =]
ne thoughts on this badboy?

Didn't happen to get the noise rating did ya? Goes into the wall? Is this a joke? Sounds like a room fan.

Slake (Apr 18, 2001 12:39 p.m.):
Didn't happen to get the noise rating did ya? Goes into the wall? Is this a joke? Sounds like a room fan.

Is it 240v ummm 120v I think you guys use?
and what is the dbA?
there's a 240v fan in Jaycar (equivalent to radio shack) that is 150mm and pumps 230CFM

no, local auto store, Princess Auto.
for 15 bucks, ya cant go wrong.
Yea, it's a wall fan, but who gives a frick?
i'll slap on a rehostat and dial in a speed where it just has a low, bass noise.
take a lot of power.
only for high O'Cing.
I plan on running 650@1gig during the day, and a little lower during the night so i can keep the Vcore down, and turn off my Xtra fans.

XtremeOC (Apr 20, 2001 11:26 a.m.):
i'll slap on a rehostat and dial in a speed where it just has a low, bass noise.
take a lot of power.
only for high O'Cing.
I plan on running 650@1gig during the day, and a little lower during the night so i can keep the Vcore down, and turn off my Xtra fans.

why change it at night?

ThePunkGeek (Apr 22, 2001 01:03 a.m.):
XtremeOC (Apr 20, 2001 11:26 a.m.):
take a lot of power.
only for high O'Cing.

why change it at night?

HAHA
it's caled sleeping, jay, and i dont need the sound of earth ending to keep me up all night..
i need quiet and darkness to sleep

most deaf (Apr 22, 2001 04:51 a.m.):
wow, great but don't you need even ammount of cfm going through it, so you will need 2

it's called overpressure

I think that I my have to get one of these:
[img="[URL]http://server3006.freeyellow.com/toddblah/fan1041.jpg[/URL]"]
Your Own Wind Tunnel

This is the fan they use whenever they need a typhoon in a movie scene. Not. Okay, but it does move some major air, 235CFM to be exact. This baby is brand new and is manufactured by Comair Rotron. Yep, it has terminals and it is ball bearing. The model number is JQ12B4. Operates on 12VDC and draws 2.26 amps. Plug it in and hold the dog, cause every bit of the air in the room is fixin to change. You have to have one of two things to operate this fan-a fan guard, or some more fingers. Measures 6.75"x5.92"x2.00" deep.
FAN1041....$8.95

Available from: http://www.bgmicro.com/

sounds like what i found at a local used computer hardware store, 6 18cmx18cm cooling fans, they are a 5 blade fan and are desinged to cool the 700watt bulbs inside an over head projector, each run on 120V, sweet, i need a whole power bar just for my cooling....... sweet...........

oh yeah, the 6 of em cost my 20 bucks.........

i have no idea about the cfm, but i would say high 200's, they are kinda noisy, but who cares..

at 221 cfm, i dont think needing another fan would ne needed to equalize the pressure, just make some holes, i'm sure that 221cfm can work it's own way out

Uhhh....Where on earth would you mount that fan? Front bottom would probably shoot all your PCI/AGP cards out into the wall behind your computer. Having it blow in right above your motherboard like a blowhole would shoot the right side of the case out. Having it suck the air out in the back top would suck your cpu right off the socket along with your HSF. I can't wait to see what kind of backpressure you get with that fan! LOL!

This fan is the funniest stuff I've read in a long time. I can just imagine starting up the computer and your cd-rom flies out the front bay, your PCI cards shoot out the back, your cpu and HSF get knocked off the motherboard, and your power supply shorts out due to the fans spinning too fast they cannot keep up with the backpressure.

hahahahaha......what a funny joke!!! cool~~~ Rugby!! but we really need thos high CFM fan to blow out all the heat inside the case! and those are cheap too if compare to other high end cooling stuff!!! :D :D :D

Well, I just don't have the right numbers regarding size or cfm, but rugby isn't the only one going nuts around here. I'm using a 120 vac, squirell cage type...
out of a MICROWAVE OVEN,,, it blows straigthto the hsf and keeps my baby cool the way she likes !!!!

i'm cutting a circle with an x shape for stability on the right side of my case. Yes, that pic up there IS what the fan looks like, and i'm wiring in a rheostat, an LED and a toggle switch on eACH one.
awesome case mods, show u when i'm done.

Hey any one try an electric radiator fan yet . About the size of the side your case..... I think one of those could really cool... could use an old regulated power supply to power it.... Hmmmm....

Back