• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumb Question but......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDGuy

Can someone tell me how the power cord for submersible pumps is routed through the top of the resoviore and out the back of the case? The plug is obviously large and will not fit through the small hole I usually see in the top of a resoviore. Is the plug cut and spliced back together, or does it unscrew out of the pump some how?

Thanks,

What I do when I have to snake the cord thru a tight area, is to cut the cord, and slide it thru, then resplice the wires, making sure to put the proper color to color of course, and electrical tape each 1 seperately very well. If you do this, make sure the Cut is made about 10"s from the actual plug, and make sure of the color coding, and proper insulating with electrical tape. Most Pump manufacturers will discard the warranty if the cord is cut closer than 3' from the pump, Be Carefull!

Back