• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you choose which round IDE cable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
Round cables
best bytes has a ton of round cables but i dont really know which is the one to get. is there really a difference? my HDs are right next to my IDE connectors so i guess short ones would be ideal. whats the max inches i should stay under? Im sure this will improve my air flow but im just alittle stumped on which to get, can some1 help me thx.

AZN

hmm.. i think the rule is 18 inches for perfect results... anything past that starts to degrade.

correct me if i'm wrong.

thx, anything else u can add? like i see some say copper clear coat? is that good? or are they all the same?

I thought it was longer the better... No wait a min, that is... well nevermind;)
any1? i guess they are pretty much the same then right? get a short one that has copper shielding?

AZN

nice prett sendy cables... but then again u dont have to update them every month like a VC

AZN

AZN said:
nice prett sendy cables... but then again u dont have to update them every month like a VC

AZN

I have seen some pretty cheap, low quality cables. I do think that you get what you pay for. Note the difference between the one that I linked to the one that you linked...I am not sure if that is significant, but it is worth a look...

I agree... u get what u pay for. But then sometimes u get a name like Nike... so then your paying for the name.

AZN

get the ones made by big companies like CoolerMaster or Vantec, if you get any available.
price shouldnt be quite different.

Back