• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NOLF 2 playable demo out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Part II of any game makes me nervous (and compounded by 10 if I liked the first one). I really liked Armada, and couldn't wait for the release of A2. I rushed out and bought it the first day just knowing it would be like the dawning of a new era. Well, it was the dawning of a new era, the era of suckazz lame games.

Lets hope NOLF is not like A2.

downloading :D

and whats so bad about armada 2? that was a pretty kickass game :)

[bad engrish edit]
This game is very pretty.

I'll buy it when it ships, just like I did NOLF, even though the net game blew. The demo 'feels' better then the original

Sadly, once I finished NOFL I rarely ever went back.

DeusEx is a different story, I still play the single player game.
Can't wait for DeusEx2.

Last edited:
i'm still on the safe cracker on NOLF1. just haven't played it in a while. i better get finished with that one before i get the sequel. :D

the demo is very pretty. definately still has the NOLF feel to it that makes it so interesting.

Maxvla said:
i'm still on the safe cracker on NOLF1. just haven't played it in a while. i better get finished with that one before i get the sequel. :D

the demo is very pretty. definately still has the NOLF feel to it that makes it so interesting.

IMHO, Nolf1 was way too STEALTHY hard, I only finished it on the easiest setting.

It was worse then theif. talk about frustration, then suddenly, I got the 'knack' of how nolf wanted to be played, and it got much easier. It's all about the ?gestalt? the mindset of the designers and how the force you to react to a situation, NOLF was rather rigid. I think that's why still I like DeusEx so much.

Paul

After beating the nolf 2 demo I've come to these conclusions

1)the style of the game hasn't changed (wich is a good thing)
2)I belive it's better than the origional, the story seems solid and the gameplay is alot better than the first, (less emphasis on stealth if you want)
3)The graphics are TIGHT! the animation of the charecters are top notch! also the lip synching is the best I've seen in a game to date! once you hit the underwater lab level and see that pit of water you'll almost cry at it's beauty, by far the best water in a game yet!, the demo's weapons leave a little to be disired, however I love those ninja's sherukins! (probably misspelt that last one)
4)Overall presentation is better than the first, the menus and loading screens scream style and the music is top notch, as is the voice acting, npc's act very much like humans would, however watch out for those ninja's they can be hard to hit with that crossbow!

12am said:
After beating the nolf 2 demo I've come to these conclusions

1)the style of the game hasn't changed (wich is a good thing)

Unfortunately this isn´t correct! There´s one thing, that I really hate! You now get expierience points which you can (must) put on your skills - this sucks! You had to do this in Jedi Knight I - and they luckily removed (="automaticated") this in JKII, because if you didn´t use the points correctly - the game was really hard - if you did all wrong you couldn´t finish the game at all!

NOLF is supposed to be an ego-shooter with tactical elements (I loved the stealth elements in part one!) but NOT a RPG!!

Back