• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on using a small freezer system to cool H20

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strokeside

I am starting to plan a cooling system which uses the components from a half-size (under-counter) freezer to chill the
water/anti-freeze in my watercooling system.

My question is that you know the way you should generally keep the system upright, like it was when it was in the freezer, I want to put the coldplare of the freezer in an insulated container that would be beside the compressor and all the other stuff in the system. Are the tubes leading into the coldplate from the rest of the freezer system bendable enough for me to do this?

I would not want to break the tubes when trying to find out.
Has anyone ever done this and know the answer?

I think one guy had an article on the main page once, but it didn't mention anything about the process of fitting the coldplate into the container, except for the insulation part.

Any info is appreciated.

yes it can be dont but only if you hack the freezer to pieces. if your willing to be carefull and remove the entire shell of the freezer the cold plate will bend up and fit into whatever cantainer you want it to. the lines should be copper which is rater flexable just be carefull with them

The pipes are very soft and it is easy to kink them so don't ry to make a right angle bend. Use gentle curves and you'll be fine.

Back