• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox-8K5A3+ temps correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
SolidWolf said:
I just changed mobo from a 8K3A+ to a 8K5a3+ and saw a big temp diff..
I know about 8k3a not reporting the correct temp but i'm wondering if they fixed it on the 8k5a3+..
What was the diff? Higher on the 8K3A? They both read the on die sensor in XP CPU's, you are using an XP right?

I just changed mobo from a 8K3A+ to a 8K5a3+ and saw a big temp diff..
I know about 8k3a not reporting the correct temp but i'm wondering if they fixed it on the 8k5a3+..

no, much lower than the 8k3a..
My old temp on the 8k3a were 39c on idle and 45c on load..
With the 8k5a3, it went to 31c idle and 36c on load..
The 8k5a3 is most likely right.. i hope.. :)

On my 8k5a2, the temperatures reported by the Winbond IC are from a thermistor underneath the processor. The internal diode is monitored by a different IC to provide over temp protection. The internal diode is not available for temperature measurements.

The bad thing is that you can't easily remove the external IC and hack in a MAX6657. Epox grounded the D- pin, and Maxim or Analog devices needs the D- pin. So, unless you find a way to unground D-, you can't use the internal diode.

A very strange thing happened. Iwas using a 8K5a2 with my xp. It was reading 34 idle watercooled.
A few days ago my mobo dead, and send rma and receive another one. Before instalation i have noticed that the northbridge heatsink was glued, instead of the first that had some white paste. I have noticed too that the corners was round too.
But when i istalled, the temp was 6 C higher....
40 idle. two verisons ????
Sorry for the horrible english

Overbrazil: Most likely cause you got a newer version of your motherboard, could also be you need to update bios.. Maybe you could open your case and tell us which Rev your motherboard is.. The Rev number is on top of the second PCI slot from the bottom.. Mine is 1.0, but i got the 8k5a3+..

Back