• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh!!!!! Check Out This New Abit T14200's Cooling Exhaust System!!!!! Sweeet!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks spiffy, but its hard to see the construction of the heatsink, or see what airflow impact the limited exhaust has. IMHO, its much more worth it to watercool, or go with a 1u cooler.

---X--- said:
Looks spiffy, but its hard to see the construction of the heatsink, or see what airflow impact the limited exhaust has. IMHO, its much more worth it to watercool, or go with a 1u cooler.
but you have to admit that looks like the coolest air cooler for any videocard ever! it even has some kind of heat pipe plus it blows the hot air out the plate of the card.
man that rocks!
to bad i just bought a abit ti4200 128 mb card last month. if i hadn't, man i'd be buying this card right now so fast, time would blur.

I have to agree it does look very cool, but look at the size of the exit hole, not very large and it takes up a pci slot.

its way to loud, 7200rpm's....ouch my ears are bleeding from the high pitch noise its making. I would just put a slot ehaust fan cooler beneth the video card and mod it so you have a quite 4000rpm fan blowing on it...i think ive seen pics of that on this board.

dang, i didn't know it was a month old already?!
bummer about the noise.
i have an abit at7 and use 1 pci slot for my sound card and thats it. so it taking up a pci slot doesn't bother me.
but... i still want one anyway.

i wonder if they will use something similar to this on the nv30's
:)

jayson said:
I have to agree it does look very cool, but look at the size of the exit hole, not very large and it takes up a pci slot.

It's highly reccomended you "abandon" the 1st PCI slot anyways for videocard cooling considerations anyways. Also, isn't the 1st PCI slot sharing the same IRQ with the AGP slot on alot of mobos anyways? This would be another very good reason to abandon this slot.

What you don't understand is that slot exhausts STINK unless it's integrated like this card has. Using a standard one, the card's fan FIGHTS with the slot exhaust fan, and the card gets barely any air! An integrated one like this is VERY good and will provide great results!!

Actually, it's 7200 rpm, but keep in mind that it's not an axial fan. Blower fans can (and do) spin much faster than an axial fan.

BTW, anybody know the memory speeds on this thing?

Looks just like a mini-PCI slot cooler.....

14-123-116-01.JPG

Is sucks the air in through the centre, and slingshots it out to the outside of the casing, ducting it out through the slots on the back panel......should be fairly effective.

man, it seems that each person that comes across this card makes a new thread... this is like the 3rd or 4th ive seen on this card lol... I would like to know the noise level too... im kinda interested in getting it... I dont like how it covers the ram so i cant put ram sinks on... 275core is nothing i bet it will do well over 300... my asus ti4200 did 320 so if this thing OCs anything like the asus then I might get it to 330:eek: well only 1 way to find out...

AZN

Back