• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

i want to get a gf4 ti4200 64mb card but i cant decide on which one any suggestions for some good cheaper ones?

GO WITH GAINWARD! They have nice cards, if you are not planning to overclock TOO much. Someone suggested the MSI one to me though. Gainward is probably best for reliability though (for overclocking).

Oh yeah, buy it from newegg.com

-Wesley

newegg is awesome- so ive heard that gainward and msi is good what about leadtek?

You know, I asked someone the same question a few hours ago. Here is the response I got :

"well the ramsinks will only add another 10-30mhz max on the memory overclocking, and afterall you can buy your own heatsinks and put em on yourself! note though that the msi core hs/fan is one of the best out there, it also directs cool air toward the ram chpis." -12am

Gainward is Great too.

-Wesley

Oh yeah, Why dont you just spend the extra 6 bucks or so and go for the 128 meg version?

the memory is slower if i was going to get a 128 id get a ti4600 but my comp is a p3 700mhz 384 mb of ram 4600 would be overkill

so... msi is better than leadtek? im leaning towards those two

I think theirs a Sticky on the Gainward 4200-64 check it out before getting it from them. I have a MSI 4200-64 no problems.

I think I'll trade in my VisionTek for that MSI... the VsionTek overclocks horribly... the max I can get without artifacts is 540 on the mem. I can push the core to 290 though.

Still... Gainward or MSI are the best bet. Go witht the MSI... the HSF on that particular board is very good... probably the best on the market. It chills the GPU very well (better with AS3) and also blows some cool air onto the memory.. If you want an even better effect (and dont care about noise), get a high CFM 92mm fan and point it right at your card. that should get a slightly better OC.

128 MEG is just added security for the future. It's faster as the 64meg version, but not much. There is only about a 2% performance difference... not even noticeable.

-Wesley

ok.. i think ill go with the msi, ill check out the 128 mb version first though

Back