• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why NOT Geil memory???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcenters

Registered
After all, it is rated at PC3500, has a lifetime warranty, and is roughly the same price as Corsair. If you buy it, it fails to perform, you return it. Even if it is OC'ed lower speed memory, it still has to run stable at PC3500 speeds. I'm just curious, cause I know I can go higher than 156fsb with my 2.4b, but my Mushkin PC2700 is maxed out at 412mhz.

i've heard nothing but bad from geil. if you wanna take the
chance, and end up going through the pain of returning it,
then go ahead. don't say we didn't warn ya ;)

412 is pretty awesome for pc2700. your best bet for higher
would be of course the corasir pc3200 C2. get some of that,
and get a GARUNTEED 200mhz+

good luck

Well corsair PC3200 had better be guaranteed to run at 200mhz...lol. I have read some reviews though that say you can't go much higher than 200mhz. Maybe I'll be the first to start a new Geil craze. We'll see.

Do I sense some sarcasm in that post??LOL, all I'm saying is that if you buy from a reputable source (newegg, etc.) you will not get burned for your cash. I'm gonna go order some right now as a matter of fact.

Be warned that many shady companies will offer you a great warranty and then never give you an RMA number when you call to complain.
Corsair's warranty will be honored.

mcenters said:
Well corsair PC3200 had better be guaranteed to run at 200mhz...lol. I have read some reviews though that say you can't go much higher than 200mhz. Maybe I'll be the first to start a new Geil craze. We'll see.

I just don't believe that you just said that.....Corsair XMS3200 C2 can do easily 200MHz Cas2.....not to mention much more.....
Mine can do 253MHz(506MHz DDR) at Cas 2,5 - 2 - 3 - 3 T2 for the time been......and still climbing up.....Take a look....
mem253_2,5-2-3-7_png.png

The order has been placed..........for Corsair XMS3200.......I got nervous about being a guinea pig for the Geil, nothin but great reviews for the Corsair.

LMAO. That was a good decision. Giel has been beatup around here pretty hard. You will be satisfied with the corsair no doubt in my mind. There is too much negitive things about giel for me to even consider them. I am about to buy new ddr and I'm debating between XMS 3200c2 or XMS3000c2. Any thoughts or pros and cons?

Take it from me and get the best i.e. XMS3200 c2. I tried to save a few bucks by getting the Mushkin PC2700 and low and behold it is holding me back to 155fsb. I ran stable at 166fsb (3.0ghz) with memory divider at 4:3, I'm gonna shoot for 166fsb 3:4 with the Corsair.

mcenters said:
The order has been placed..........for Corsair XMS3200.......I got nervous about being a guinea pig for the Geil, nothin but great reviews for the Corsair.

You did well and you'll be sattisfied..... :D

man, i want one of those XMS 3200 C2 super rams!! my dame samsungs are holding me back...i am sure i can go higher than 1907...i need more speed!!

Tismedt said:
LMAO. That was a good decision. Giel has been beatup around here pretty hard. You will be satisfied with the corsair no doubt in my mind. There is too much negitive things about giel for me to even consider them. I am about to buy new ddr and I'm debating between XMS 3200c2 or XMS3000c2. Any thoughts or pros and cons?

512Mb CorsairXMS3000 C2 could do MAX 239MHz(478MHz DDR) at Cas 2 - 3 - 3 - 7 T2 with 2,9VMem....not bad.... :D

Back