• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COMPLETE ANNIHILATION!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spykid

Registered
Okay, how about this...

Wouldn't the best way to cool a cpu and avoid any condensation in the case...be to...completely REMOVE the cpu from the mobo and say freeze it in a block of ice somewhere off to the side...say in the fridge, or...heh heh something like that. Get it the...out and away...okay, so it might take a month to match all the pin wires...wa-da-ya-tink?

Just a thought...

I think this is a copy or very similiar to the post below.

Ice is conductive.....bad idea. Getting it off the mobo is the trick. Resistance in the wire you would use would cause really strange problems unless you used something like gold for wire....and that just wouldn't be worth it.

Actually, inductance and stray capacitance would stop you except for the slowest of speeds.

Hoot

Shadow ÒÓ (Apr 20, 2001 08:22 a.m.):
I think this is a copy or very similiar to the post below.

Ice is conductive.....bad idea. Getting it off the mobo is the trick. Resistance in the wire you would use would cause really strange problems unless you used something like gold for wire....and that just wouldn't be worth it.

okay, i know this idea wouldn't really work, but, ice would only be conductive if you used tap water to make it, if ya used distilled, you would be a ok.

Back