• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cisco old

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TJ9

I have heard that the Cisco certification program is outdated from some people. I was wondering if anybody could tyell me how it is outdated.
About all I have noticed is it mostly referes to 10mb transfer rate on networks while most new ones are 10 100, but thenm again my school did just upgrade to 10 100 network cards.

Sorry but I can t use alot of my punctuations, all I get are É and À and è.

Some Cisco classes are outdated. It's not entirely Cisco's fault, sometimes its the schools teaching it that haven't updated. But there are sections of Cisco's cirriculum that could use some help.

I just recently earned the CCNA. I was very surprised to see a lot of questions about ISDN. I haven't seen isdn in use for years. I would rather see them focus a little more on frame and T types. Of course the coverage of IOS and router config isn't affected much by new trends. There's not a heck of lot of difference in the physical protocols are far as 10 100 and gig are concerned. They do ask about cable lengths and so forth. I wouldn't say they're terribly out dated.

July 18th. Why are you scared of it? It's not that bad if you have some background in networking and study up a little on the exam topics that you don't see a lot in every day work. The only hard part for me was having to do subnets in my head. I'm a little slow at math and it's probably easier to memorize the B and C tables than to do the math during the test.

Back