• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2000+, bad oc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BisHoP

Something strange has been going on lately with my ocing,
its like this i just started ocing my second xp2000+ AGOIA stepping the roof on that one should be around 1,8 or even 1,9 ghz.
Before i bought that one i was using a t-bird 900 on this sys oced to 150x7. The strange thing is that now with the new xp2000+ the mems wont go higher then 140, bluescreen related to mem probs appear and i know that the mems can handle 150 or even a bit higher, but they wont even push higher then 140.
Changeing the vcore to 8,5 has no result neither has increasing the vmem. When its in default speeds (1666mhz) it runs fine but after that it just messes up everything.
My question is now, can anyone come up with a logical answer to why this would occuar?
No changes has been made to the bios configs, all mem timings set to aggressive.
I even put the mems to 100mhz on a fsb @ 148 and still get bluescreens, its either that or the comp just hocks up att startup.
And as i know that my mem can handle more then that and that a AGOIA should be able to push 1800mhz without further problems.
So anyone have any idea on what may be the problem?

what are your sys specs? what kind of memory, mobo, etc.??? maybe you could back down your timings, up your vcore, and raise that fsb?? hard to say... need a little more detail.. unlocked/locked??

Sry my bad, i updated my sign.

And regarding lowering my timings, its like this it doesnt matter i even put the mems to a 100mhz/133mhz fsb ratio and lowered the timings to the slowest but it still acts weird.

Just because you have a AGOIA doesnt mean you're guanteed a good overclock.

It's quite possible you hit the limit of the chip. I'm sure all steppings have there rotten apples.

xMephistoNx said:
Just because you have a AGOIA doesnt mean you're guanteed a good overclock.

It's quite possible you hit the limit of the chip. I'm sure all steppings have there rotten apples.

Ofcourse AGOIA dont garanty a 100% sucessfull oc, _but_ before i go to that conclusion i wanne give it all i got, i have oced another 2000+ AGOIA in my second system which i've sold and that one oced to about 1,8-1,9 without probs.
So as i said i wont give up that easy :mad:

The XP chips handle memory in a different way than the old Athlons. They are supposed to be more efficient. Could be a BIOS issue. Have you updated to the newest BIOS?

cmcquistion said:
The XP chips handle memory in a different way than the old Athlons. They are supposed to be more efficient. Could be a BIOS issue. Have you updated to the newest BIOS?

I've already updated to 8khal00, one of the first things i tried, no diff.

I unlocked mine and all i was able to get out of it was around 1790, don't remember the exact mhz but it was in the 1790's, i think it was 12.5 x 143fsb, even unlocked it wouldn't go higher than that.
That was with a MSI KT3 Ultra and it was a AGOIA....

I have the same chip with the same stepping and I was able to hit 1.8 no problem the difference with mine is my Mobo and I'm using pc2700 ddr ram don't know if that makes a diff I'm still new to Ocing

Braindonor said:
I have the same chip with the same stepping and I was able to hit 1.8 no problem the difference with mine is my Mobo and I'm using pc2700 ddr ram don't know if that makes a diff I'm still new to Ocing

Yea pc-2700 mems do alot of diffs as they are garantied a speed of 166 while mine are garantied 133mhz which is stock, so untill i get my hands on some pc-2700 mems i cant really say if its the cpu thats the bottleneck of my sys.

But the strangest thing is that i know that the mems can handle 148 without any probs with all mem configs set to aggresive, couse i been running these mems at 148 in like 1,5 year without probs, but now when i do like 148 i get blue screen with a number code, this is a memory related error isnt it?
Anyways changing the mem configs dont have any effect what so ever, neither has changing any of the graphicard configs, pretty strange.
And i even put the mems to a 100/133 ratio meaning that the mems would be running at 100 while the fsb at 133, so posting at 148 with the mems running at 111 i still get the bluesreen allways at the same place.
The sys in generall has been tested at fsb:s around 190 so i dont think thats where the prob is.
Raising the vmem has no effect either, its like its something wrong between the cpu and the mems, as if the mems dont get proper instructions etc, and i have updated the bios without any result, if anyone have any clue on what may be the problem or anything that could help i would really apprichiate it, couse the mems handle speeds like that, aswell as the sys in generall before i put the cpu in now they wont nearly do any speed.
Is there anything i have forgotten to check?

Back