• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AMD system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tamasha_Strife

As some of you might know there was a flood in my house a month and a half ago.

One of the things that was broken in the flood was an old 486DX2. Well I happen to have a pretty nice insurance company and here's what they're replacing it with:

XP1600+
Epox 8K5A2+
512mb Corsair PC3200CL2
WD Caviar 80mb 8mb cache
cheap black case+psu
black CD-Rom
WinXP Home

I happen to have a spare Radeon8500LE lying around and I'll buy an Audigy sound card.

All in all I think Im pretty darn lucky :D

make sure you buy a good psu...id recommend a 350 watt enermax..they are sweet, my 430 watt runs my computer no problem...+5v line never goes below 5

RangerJoe said:
make sure you buy a good psu...id recommend a 350 watt enermax..they are sweet, my 430 watt runs my computer no problem...+5v line never goes below 5

RangerJoe is right,

A powerful powersupply is a must nowdays for any AMD rig and hence is one of the key factors to a stable overclock ;)

DS-Master

Yeah I know once I get it up and running Ill get a better case+550W Antec True Power PSU but Im kinda tight on money right now

dont get antec...they are not as good as enermax...look at the newegg pictures, and the 431 watt enermax puts out more amps on every single rail than the 550 watt antec true power. this tells you that numbers are not everything. and you will prolly pay more for the antec, than the enermax

geez!!....
Looks like I'm off to stuff a rag in my toilet and force it to stay running! Dual XP 2000+ system here I come!!!

Tamasha_Strife said:
As some of you might know there was a flood in my house a month and a half ago.

One of the things that was broken in the flood was an old 486DX2. Well I happen to have a pretty nice insurance company and here's what they're replacing it with:

XP1600+
Epox 8K5A2+
512mb Corsair PC3200CL2
WD Caviar 80mb 8mb cache
cheap black case+psu
black CD-Rom
WinXP Home

I happen to have a spare Radeon8500LE lying around and I'll buy an Audigy sound card.

All in all I think Im pretty darn lucky :D

Back