• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios 1013

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HugeAss101

Registered
hi has anyone tried the a7v333 bios version of 1013, cuz the hardware monitor says that my temps are 60 but asus probe says 48 is there a defect????

hi in the new bios it adds a 166 fsb setting but obviously i cant hit it at a mult of 11.5, but it seemst that they managed to drop the pci speed b/c at 150 fsb it is now 30. So i thought it would be ok if is set my fsb at 150 since the pci settings are now low but before it boot into windows i got the blue screen, could this be due to the fact that the pci settings are too low or could my video card a problem Geforce 2 mx 32mb v7100

Asus probe=wacko.

Period.

About your temps--do you know what cpu sensor bios 1013 reads from?

If you are using the stock heatsink, and the hardware monitor (in bios?) is reading from the in sockt thermistor, 60 C would be expected.

MBM 5 will give you the option of which cpu sensor you choose to use.

Your bios is giving you 44*C?

I am confused--your first post said that the bios read 60* while the asus probe read 48*?

no my bios reads 60 and my probe reads 44 - 48 sorry for the confusion. the other thing with this bios is that it start the 1/5 at 150 so my pci speed at 150 fsb is 30 which is cool if i can actually set my fsb that high!!

60C in socket seems kind of warm. That temp would be expected from reading on-diode not from reading the socket. Unlock the CPU for the full access to multi's and you will be able to hit 150FSB without a problem.

Make sure you have the latest PC probe to match the latest BIOS(I'm using 1013.002). Although I don't use PC Probe anymore, it's temp readings are matching both MBM5 (diode reading) and the BIOS readings.

Back