• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get your browsers here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedDeathDrinker

Senior Aircraftsman IRL
Try a new browser today!

*Updated Feb 2004*

Mozilla Firefox is a speedy, full-featured browser that makes browsing more efficient than ever before. Firefox includes:

• comprehensive popup controls to keep unwanted advertising off your desktop;
  • a tab browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window, allowing you to load links in the background without leaving the page you're on;
  • integrated Google search ;
  • industry leading accessibility with Find As You Type - find links and page text by simply typing;
  • simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively;
  • a streamlined browser window that lets you see more of the page than any other browser while at the same time being more configurable;
  • a large variety of free downloadable extensions and themes that add specific functionality and visual changes to the browser;

Mozilla is world-class open source browser that is designed from the ground up to support open internet standards across a variety of platforms including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2, Solaris, and many more. Mozilla provides users with acclaimed browsing convenience along with power features such as pop-up blocking and tabbed browsing.

With Opera's new rendering engine, the Web has never been so fast! With additional features aimed at moving you quickly through the Web like keyboard shortcuts, mouse gestures, window management and great search features, it's the only place you won't be caught for traveling at such speed!

Netscape was once the worlds #1 browser, and is trying to steal back the crown. Featuring the Mozilla core, it is making a comeback........

Last edited:
Also Phoenix 0.4 bleeding edge beta

Opera 7 beta 1

MyIE browser (nicely done shell enhancement to IE)

I have been trying the Opera 7.0 for a couple of weeks now and like it except it needs to be restarted once in awhile. Probably something to do with it being beta.

I've been using Opera for around 3 months now, and it's by far my favorite browser. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to take in the style-code in HTML, like when you want a scroll-bar to be a different color. I dunno... Maybe I'm just overlooking some option. Either way, I love the broswer.

Avant Browser.

It uses IE as the engine but has intefrace close to the opera. It runs as 1 program, but you can open many websites inside. It has handy search tool which can send search query to the google or just search the website. It also has pop-up stopper which is very usefull, and you dont need to run any other pop-up stoppers out there.

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

Update:

Opera 7b2 much better and has some great skins now.

Phoenix 0.5 getting close to 0.6. Great functionality and skin selection.

MyIE2 final is great too. Limited skins but a few of them look pretty good.

Opera 7.0 final is out now, I just DL'ed it and I love it. I have always used IE and this is a million times better. It also seems to be quite a bit faster.

Fiz

MyIE2 for me.

oh and thanks to audio... never realized there were skins.

i like the chimera one :)

I liked Opera 7.00 so much I finally bought a registration key for $20 (discount) to shut off those annoying ads. MyIE2 is a close second with Phoenix 0.5 right behind it as third. MyIE2 makes M$'s IE6 functional IMNSHO.

If you're stuck with IE on your box, I highly recommend getting MyIE2. Heck I even got it working on my 486DX2/66 with NT4 sp6a & IE5.01 sp1. No other browser was functional on that box until I got MyIE2 working. IE5 would go slower and bury you with pop ups. IE6 was glacial and all but useless. Thanx to Maxvla for pointing me to MyIE2. 'Gosurf' is my favorite MyIE skin.

All three are the best examples of the three main browser core technologies out there. With all the crappy website designs I've dealt with, I need all three to see everything.

Last edited:
www.netcaptor.com is the browser i prefer...it opens up tabs for the diff webpages and you can close them by middle clicking them..also you can right click anytab and click add to popupcaptor and that popup will never come up again

MyIE2 for me as well [cool]

I've been trying it out for a couple of days now on my win9x main rig....and lookin' good so far :D

(although it has to be said it's a browser plugin and not an entire browser per se :p )

Was mine just set up wrong then? I had so many problems with Opera. Sometimes cookies would work other's it wouldn't. I can't login to my bank account with it. It never seemed to save my passwords as well as IE has... I dunno, just didn't work to well for me.

trying out CrazyBrowser. seems to be pretty equal to MyIE2. i wish the buttons were smaller though.

Maxvla said:
trying out CrazyBrowser. seems to be pretty equal to MyIE2. i wish the buttons were smaller though.

This might be a stupid question-- what is "myIE"? Is it different from regular internet explorer? Is it the same? :confused:

Gabbie!

Back