• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot Memory on GF4 Ti4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KCM

Registered
Hello,

I recently bought a GF4 TI 4200 from Chaintech, and I found out that the Memory gets burning hot even if the Card is not overclocked.
Is that normal???
Would Ramsinks help to OC more, because the Card only does 300/533 without any error.
It is the 128MB version.

Greetings KCM

Well of course it would be hot because heat is staying on the chip and nothing is dissipating the heat away from the chip. Ramsinks would help since it would dissipate the heat from the ram chip to the heatsink and then be cooled off. If it runs fine at stock with hot chips (You realise that you don't really know how hot it is because your finger can measure the temps and probably couldn't tell much of a difference between 40 or 50 degrees) and you plan to run at stock then it will be fine how it is. However, if you plan to overclock, an upgrade in cooling is a MUST.

Yodums said:
Well of course it would be hot because heat is staying on the chip and nothing is dissipating the heat away from the chip. Ramsinks would help since it would dissipate the heat from the ram chip to the heatsink and then be cooled off. If it runs fine at stock with hot chips (You realise that you don't really know how hot it is because your finger can measure the temps and probably couldn't tell much of a difference between 40 or 50 degrees) and you plan to run at stock then it will be fine how it is. However, if you plan to overclock, an upgrade in cooling is a MUST.
Thank you Yodums
I am planning to overclock, so I will get some nice Ramsinks:cool:.

Back