• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil brings us the first DDR433

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KerryrreK

Geil DDR433 test

Will the Corsair 3200 CAS2 lose it's hold as the best DDR?

"After making sure the memory could run its rated speeds I decided to try to see just how far it could go. Well I made it all the way up to 460mhz using the SPD timings. I could run Sandra and it still showed CAS 2. These speeds were pretty amazing. The score was beating RD 1066. I tried other timings but the memory would not go any higher. I tried different voltages but after looking at my pc health stats in the bios I noticed that any voltage at 3V or over, I was only truly getting 2.94V. I think that this was an issue with the board. I believe that the RAM could have gone further if I had the voltages needed but I was at the mercy of my board.

Kerry

noooooo.....not again. someone should make a geil sticky.

hand picked products directly from geil. not something you can
get yourself.

Geil is NOT bad........It's simply only for Intellers.:D They CAN OC good, but with more relaxed timings than that from Corsair and Mushkin, amongst others. :)

I just think that you don't READ the threads WELL....So TAKE A GOOD LOOK at this 512Mb Corsair XMS3200 C2 at 253MHz(506MHz DDR) with Cas 2,5 - 2 - 3 - 7 T2.......and tell me if GEIL CAN DO THAT.....

Cheersssss....!!!!:D
mem253_2,5-2-3-7_png.png

hipro5 said:
I just think that you don't READ the threads WELL....So TAKE A GOOD LOOK at this 512Mb Corsair XMS3200 C2 at 253MHz(506MHz DDR) with Cas 2,5 - 2 - 3 - 7 T2.......and tell me if GEIL CAN DO THAT.....

Nope, they have to run @2.5-7-3-7 T2 238MHz! :eek: Like I said before, "relaxed settings".

Now, off topic, I personally dares you to run Sandra Burn In High Stress, 2,000 loops, @ your current settings. See if you can get 266! :):D

Penguin4x4 said:

Nope, they have to run @2.5-7-3-7 T2 238MHz! :eek: Like I said before, "relaxed settings".

Now, off topic, I personally dares you to run Sandra Burn In High Stress, 2,000 loops, @ your current settings. See if you can get 266! :):D

I run S-Sandra burn in almost 500 times a day...... ;)

I also have done today a bench of 3DMark2001 with my memory 512Mb Corsair XMS3200 C2 at Cas 2,5 - 2 - 3 - 7 T2 and 250MHz(500MHz DDR)(couldn't do it at Cas 2-2-3-7).....with my poor GeForce4 440MX(not interested for something better than that cause I just don't play games)....at 188 MHz fsb and at 3571MHz
You can go HERE to check it out if you wish....Also now I'am at the TOP of 3DMark's score with the GeForce4 440MX in it's Data base....You can go at Project Search and Compare and you'll just see it(Select the GeForce4 440MX one).....The third score is also mine but with memory at about 241MHz(482MHz DDR) with Cas 2 - 2 - 3 - 7 T2......not much of a difference...

Now.....a friend of mine,Vaios, brought me a few days ago an ATI Radeon 9700 he just bought to test it.....but he took it back....He'll bring it to me next week(I hope) and WE'LL SEE what this VGA can do....

Are any of you on AMD? :eh?: I mean I wish I could get somewhere near that.

If someone here is getting fsb speeds like that on an AMD board I'd really like to know which one, my board (the ASUS) really sucks at clocking high, it craps out at 150fsb!

I've been told the KX7-333 by Abit is the best overclocker but I want to make absolutely sure.

my paycheck comes tomorrow so let's be snappy! :p

EDIT: btw, have any of you tested the Samsung PC3200? I have some, it's not an overclock from the PC2700 but I haven't been able to fully test it's capabilities yet.

thks

He ran the Geil on a 1.6A and got 482mhz DDR, shouldn't that mean anything? You're running at 3420mhz CPU speed so I would expect a fast DDR time. I cant get pictures to load on here the way I want them to but at the link, he got with (relaxed settings) on a 1.6a and bad voltage controls

Int buffered 3676
float buffered 3676

vs. your (advanced settings) on a cpu with a 3420mhz processing speed:

int buffered 3879
float buffered 3876

I fail to see how Geil did poorly there, I will try to find Corsair on a 1.6a and see how well it did, it would be a much better comparison.

I'm not a Geil fan either, I just thought this was intersting considering all the Geil bashing I read, none of which has been supported by any kind of review or personal experience. So this was the first review of it I have read, and it looked like it faired decently to me.

Kerry

Last edited:
KerryrreK said:
He ran the Geil on a 1.6A and got 482mhz DDR, shouldn't that mean anything? You're running at 3420mhz CPU speed so I would expect a fast DDR time. I cant get pictures to load on here the way I want them to but at the link, he got with (relaxed settings) on a 1.6a and bad voltage controls

Int buffered 3676
float buffered 3676

vs. your (advanced settings) on a cpu with a 3420mhz processing speed:

int buffered 3879
float buffered 3876

I fail to see how Geil did poorly there, I will try to find Corsair on a 1.6a and see how well it did, it would be a much better comparison.

I'm not a Geil fan either, I just thought this was intersting considering all the Geil bashing I read, none of which has been supported by any kind of review or personal experience. So this was the first review of it I have read, and it looked like it faired decently to me.

Kerry

You miss something here.....!!!!....My chip is an unlocked one so I can work it at whatever frequency I want....I assure you that at even lower frequency , the final resault is about the same(almost + - 10Mb/S)....Tommorow I'll post you at lower frequency to take a look....cause right now I'm at home with my P3 1000@1222MHz and SDRAM.... :D

Back