• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SB Audigy and Windows XP issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radionesiac

I bought my new Audigy, installed it, and dled latest drivers from creative, and half the time when i'm playing a game, a shrill *BEEEP* will come out of nowhere, and freeze the game, forcing me to restart.

how do i remedy this? i know other people have had this experience with the audigy and XP, but is there any way to fix it?

I forgot to mention this possiable fix to you earlier....try turning the hardware acceleration for sound....to do this go to

Start>Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>(Volume tab, in the speaker settings box)Advanced>click the Peformance tab>then slide the "hardware Acceleration" slider all the way to the left so it is right next to "none"

Spec

very convienient of you to mention this AFTER i put my live back in ;)

thanks anyway jon

I just sold a lIve Platinum (Audigy). The fella I sold it to said it was having problems on his Asus BD72. I fired back with it was just removed from a build and it works/worked fine for me. After searching he said he located a fix/ patch for the Audigy on the XP OS. Now I am not certain where he found it, but either creative or microsoft has addressed the issue and as of noon today he's rocking the Altecs again this time in 5.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry I'm tired and a little to lazy to go dig and provide the links....thats fur you.

Links would be extremely nice though...
In xp, only prob that i found was in cs when using voice comms, it would be choppy for other users as if i was tapping the button, but its fin in 2k. If you have the fix i'd like to test it to see if its resolved that issue.... its a major problem for many cs players...

Ya, my gamer has been getting a high pitched shrill every once and a while. I have to exit, then restart what I am doing then it goes away. it is getting very annoying. A link would be cool so I can try it out.

Back