• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Media Player 9.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rb26dett

Disabled
OK this is the thing, everything is OK except that .... I cannot fast forward while watching something ... and if I try to fast forward or rewind it .. it restarts from the start of the movie ... so basicaly I gotta watch the movie till the end without the opportunity to forward or back the movie ... any ideas why ??

If wmp9 is still a beta, you might have your answer. Contact M$ bug report and check google for similar problems.

I got WMP9 and everything works fine for me, but I have had certian .avi files that I couldn't fastforward or rewind in and that was with 7.1, have you tried other .avi files??

Sipheren

There was a problem with the skin that came with WMP9, so I changed it to a diffrent one ..and it works fine now :)
I dont like using buncha diffrent players to watch my **** .. I like one player that plays it all.

I only view em for qual and sync then convert to svcd, prefer to use media player but cos of the prob used the others, will give that a try hopefully will sort for me aswell

ta v much :)

I could be the result of improper mating of CODECs. I noticed that last night my Divx codec for Media Player ceased to play anything but the audio. I opened up the Divx player and it played them just fine. This was not the case the last time I played Divx movies using MP.

Of course, this is with MP8 and not MP9.

didn't think of that one, could be the reason, especially as I have loads of different software for various forms of media.... codecs, converters etc etc....

will uninstall a few and see if that is what causes the prob

what do peeps thinks of the new media player by the way?

BTW, I have also found that just because something doesn't run in MP8 on one PC, say running XP, cannot automatically run on 2000. Actually, I have had different versions of Windows running on different PCs with the exact same version of MP running but one will play a movie file and the other will not.

Back