• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Memory,On the wal.. Whitch is the sweetest of em all...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

OK.. I am thinking DDR333 as to be able to OC with no limit on the Memory, Gona go with a IT7 (Max or Max2, Have yet to make up my mind...) The board is really designed to go with 266 as fastest, But it has been said all over, That it works good with 333.

Now i got 2 questions, As i aint going to upgrade my PC anytime soon when i got this one, I wont be intressted in reusing this one. No need to get a "better" memory for that reason, Will a 512Mb 333Mhz DDR do?

ECC or NO ECC?
I hear ECC is good for reliability when OC'ing, But is also slower/cost more, And it seams harder to find?

Any/all opinions are welcome! Give it your best shot!

Thank you all for a nice and harmonic Forum :- )
B!

Again, Will 333Mhz CAS2 do? Going from 266witch is what tho Mobo is supposed to say is max.

Remember, Im asking for a reson, I really have NO idea...

Are the memory backwards compitable, So i dont walk off get 333/400 Mhz memory, and cant use em.

Is 5/2/2/2 god for CAS 2? (5?what is that number doing in there?)

This better be all my questions for now, got to get back to bed...
Thanks!
B!

-=Mr_B=- said:
Again, Will 333Mhz CAS2 do? Going from 266witch is what tho Mobo is supposed to say is max.

Remember, Im asking for a reson, I really have NO idea...

Are the memory backwards compitable, So i dont walk off get 333/400 Mhz memory, and cant use em.

Is 5/2/2/2 god for CAS 2? (5?what is that number doing in there?)

This better be all my questions for now, got to get back to bed...
Thanks!
B!

Yes the memory is backwards compatible. Basicly the highest your motherboard can run at stock speed is PC2100(DDR 266).
When you start overclocking by raising the fsb you will also be increasing the memory speed. That will be when PC2700 would come in handy. The best timings would be 2-2-2-5-1.

Well, since this is an AMD board, you can gain a LOT of performance by overclocking the memory. (Dropping the multiplier and increasing the FSB.) Therefore, I would suggest a good stick of cas2 pc3200 corsair xms. Your pci devices will most likely be the limiting factor in this. If you do this with a stick of pc2700, unless you get lucky, your memory will get stuck first.

Um.. The board is actually an intel but who cares :- )
Thanks for all the tips/ideas, It will come in handy..
B!

i have the it7 and i run pc3200 for the overclocking at 3:4 dividor.
with a desent overclock and good ram you can run your ddr at 400-450 mhz. this is where you need the pc3200

Ugh... oops... Yeah, run it at the 3:4 divisor like phantom says. Intel can use more bandwidth, so it benefits from running asynchronously. (unlike AMD)
This way, if you are running your processor at 150fsb, (likely) you will be running your memory at 200fsb. This corresponds to pc3200 memory. This is the maximum that any well-known memory manufacturer claims their memory will run at. (Some claim 220fsb, but these comanies are new and have had their reputations questioned more than once.)

Back