• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Driver loads, but no DVD?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilverNBlack

Registered
I have all the hardware in my SIG. I have the latest 4 in 1's, Win 98SE. I have been running my computer flawlssly for months now. All the sudden a new Drive letter showed up in My Computer. It says it is an H+H DVD Drive on D:. I have all my IDE slots used, HDD, ZIP, CD- ROM, CD RW. Don't know where it is reading this from, but when I remove it, it just returns next boot up. I go into my BIOS and it does not report the drive either. Just Windows playing head games with me I guess. Anyone that can offer some advise would be useful.

Around the time this happened, I had removed my CD-Rom and Floppy, but returned them to my computer. They are still recognized (floppy/CD Rom), and the DVD is still there. I try to access the DVD and it's unaccessable. :mad:

i looked around on Google, and the nearest I could find is a bit of info on a German Program called Virtual CD v4, by a company called H+H. It seems to be a virtual drive-type utility, letting you copy a CD to your hard drive so you don'y need to have it actually in your drive. Can't be sure- the Google translator isn't so great lol :)

goodness knows where it came from though, if this is in fact what you have :D

Sounds like some kind of CD Image copyer thingamabobber ISO thing, that lets you run a CD off your hard drive.

Ahhhhhh, that must be it guys. I have Virtual CD 4, but I have never used it. I just installed it from a friend for later use. I hate when programs put those stupid things in your hardware configuration.

Thanks a lot.

lol stupid things? Dude, that is exactly what VCD4 is supposed to do! It puts a 'fake' CDROM drive in your system, that's what it's for! Well anyway I'm glad you got it all taken care of.

It would be smart if it showed up in yor Device Manager as Virtual CD Drive, and not H+H DVD ROM.

If I could meet a programmer for that, why I oughta!!!!

Back