• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overheating ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

I just got a gigabyte kt400 mobo, xp1700+ with a regular amd hsf, 256mb pc2100 (monetary reasons why i dont have 3200), and 350watt ps. I also have a geforce 2mx 400 32mb ddr. Its running fine and fast, but dammit its restarting on its own. It happens in Operation flashpoint when I quit the game, but not always. Most recently, I installed good ol' Homeworld, and it restarted when it tried to initialize an actual lan game. Cpu temps vary from 39 to 50c, not under high load. Anyone have any help?

From what you say I'm inclined to think its a bug in those two programs.

If you suspect the problem is overheating, run either Prime 95 or SiSoft Sandra to work your system hard. If its stable there, you can probably eliminate heat as a culprit.

BHD

Yeah, I'll try that.. I just checked the cpu temp and its running pretty cool, 37c. system temp is about 36c... it restarts only when there's a resolution change during those games.. maybe its my dx8.1b or the nvidia drivers?

those temps dont add up. your system temp is too high. also, i doubt you would get 37c idle with a regular amd hsf. can you varify those temps?

Ah, problem fixed. It was the crappy video card I had. I switched cards with a friend, who had a store bought card and its all fine now.

The cpu temp and system temps were read from the bios. CPU temp has been down to almost 35c before. I do have one side of the case off, plus there are a total of.. 6 case fans. What should the System temperature be then? Right now, motherboard monitor reads out 40c for system temperature...

wow nice temps. watch that temp under load - you could try to get that a little lower, 50c is too high for me

congrats on getting it running

Grrr nevermind, the damn thing restarted again. I just had homeworld running on my own private server! ><

Which os are you running??

I know there is a patch for agp cards and win2k

Fixed a problem with my dad's mx 200 card.

Microsoft Windows® 2000 Patch for AGP Applications on AMD Athlon™, AMD Athlon XP, AMD Athlon MP, mobile AMD Athlon 4 and AMD Duron™ Processors

Go to www.amd.com and search for agp patch.

Back