• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

about the Registry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

i know there are so many settings available only in registry. i use to see them every once in awhile when my registry needs some tiny intervention. i was wondering if anyone knows of a complete guide to all those advanced settings in registry..

i will give you a key to the kind of thing im talking about: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | ControlSet001 | Control | Session Manager | Memory Management

..or if there is none, how you usually find out about those keys?

p.s.: please, im not talking about settings available also in TweakUI or as Administrative tools, like the one that will clean the page file at shutdown in the key above.
this is W2K.

thanks!!

Awhile back I saw something called WinGuides that had a lot of information on the registry. May be a place to start looking.

i know winguides yet, and also one that im now looking for again. this had almost all the text (links) in red and opaque yellow background. there was a LOT of information on that site, and everything was right in the front page, no sections like winguides as fas as i can remember.

it really looks like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | ControlSet001 | Control | Session Manager | Memory Management is just dealing with virtual memory ...i think winguides is the best reg site out there

well i give that key only as an example of the kind of settings i was talking about. there are tons of them in the registry you know.
some of the keys in that one above has explanations about in winguides by the way, so that was not a good key as an example.
now im trying to find that other one. that was one with really many tweaks for windows, specially the registry ones..
anyway, if anyone knows of it please let me know.

thanks for the replies!

well you could be thinking of hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion
that has a lot of stuff that you can tweak if that isnt it i know there is another one for services but i really cant remember it cause i just use the services manager for that

Back