• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with system, need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sabwafare2001

Registered
The problem is when I start up my computer and the first screen where it shows the memory, cpu, and etc. it says Check System Health. It usually says System Health OK!. It starts and cuts off as normal and it has not crash. The only thing I have thing as memory: generic pc2100 to kingston pc2700 and a new hsf: Dragon Orb to Volcano 7+. I am overclocking it to 143fsb also.

gigabyte GA-7VRXP
XP1800+
Kingston pc2700
IBM 80gig 7200 and Fugitsu 20gig 5400
Lite-on 24x10x40
lite-on 16x dvd
creative blaster 56k V.92 modem
ATI 8500LE 64mb
600W powmax psu

If your system cuts off after the boot sequence DO NOT TURN IT BACK ON. Your motherboard will most likely be turning itself off because the reported CPU temperature is too high.

Recheck that your Heatsink fan is properly mounted and is getting enough airflow.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OVERCLOCK, unless your temps are stable and reasonable (under 50C at idle).

After rechecking your cooling setup go back into the BIOS and change you FSB settings back to default to see if that fixes the problem.

The only other symptom could be that you dividers are set incorrectly and one of your PCI cards won't run at the higher speed.

It does not cut off, it runs perfectly. I am just curious why it says CHECK SYSTEM HEALTH on the first scren when it use it say, SYSTEM HEALTH OK

Back