• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artic Silver WTF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ferrett

Registered
Hi
Just been on ebuyer.com and this is what they have to say on Actic silver!
Item: Arctic silver thermal compound 3G (not to be used on AMD CPU's)
Qty: 1
Cost: £2.99
Tell me they dont know what there on about are they mad is it safe to use? Or is it some new conductive formula?
Ferret

Its safe to use on AMD CPU's.....

Only think i can think of that would not be safe is putting the paste all over the Bridges on the CPU....
But even if you did, notthing should really happen as AS is non-conductive.....

So unless its not realy AS, it will be safe to use on an AMD

ha ha thats funny, think AS manufacturers would b interested to hear there reasons. Actually so would I!

perhaps this is just their way of not being held liable in the case some one misuses the AS and fries their CPU as the AMD cpus run hotter and dont have the safeguard of a cumbersome heatspreader...

they could reject more RMA's that way if AS was found to be used... kinda a dumb concept but could be a solution..

Hi,

Thats funny, I order parts from them aswell, as Im in UK...

When I purchased the AS3 I wrote an email to them, saying that it works fine on AMDs.
I told them they must have made a mistake, and if not, WHY cant we use it on AMDs.

That was a few months back, and im still waiting for a response from them!

NismoGTR
:burn:

one question, i hear all you guys talking bout these seperatly bought brand name thermal paste. im currently using that white stuff that came with my volcano 7+. if that any good or should i change?
btw my idle temps are 43 load is bout 48-50 for cpu

Back