• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill XP333 @406mhz(203) fsb!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SBeaver

Iwill XP333 @410mhz(205) fsb!

I took some resistors home from physics class and put them in to do the VMEM mod.
I have a 470Ohms one which gives a VMEM of 3,29v.
My stick of OCZ pc3000 seems to love juice because I am now running @406mhz(203) fsb!
I had it at 404mhz first and it has been sitting doing 3dmark loops all night with no lockups.
Sandra memory bench still doesn't quite beat the kt333 with pc3200 ram but I'm getting closer.
Mem timings auto spd and cas= auto spd
LUUUV it!!:D :cool:

Last edited:
3.29 VOLTS!!!??? I can't believe you haven't fried the thing yet! They are only supposed to take 2.5V, though the unofficial 3000-3500 ratings generally require 2.7-2.9V. Still, I can't believe you're not burning those things up! Tell me you've got some kind of cooling for those things!

Hey, once you find your FSB limit, let us know what's up, okay?

I think 203 was the fsb limit, they become unstable at 204.
I have a green XP 1800+ and they are (or maybe all palominos) pretty hard to unlock.
Before I could only get a few multis to work so I tried to redo the unlock but it ended up even worse than before.
I'm trying to get 8,5 multi because it would give me the highest possible fsb and the highest cpu speed.
I'm not sure what to do now because I think the bridges are just about destroyed by my cutting and pasting.
It runse though but I seem limited to 11x multi ATM.
But it was really stable before though, just so you know if I never get my multis back ;)
Btw, cooling yes, the OCZ comes with a copper heatspreader.
I had a fan on it too before but I threw it away.

do you have any links to this mod or info about doing it with a different value resistor so as to not get so much voltage? 3.0 would be nice, but i don't want to go much higher because i REALLY can't afford new ram if i fry it

I just noticed something!!
That article link I just posted... it has the exact same results as me!!
In cpuid I also had 202.60mhz !!!
He reached that exact same speed!!!
This must be a Northbridge limitation.

You doesn't need 3.29V to reach 202FSB, its dangerous for you ram:eek: I got mine to 201FSB with that board and Corsair pc3000, only with 2.8V.;)

Kato said:
You doesn't need 3.29V to reach 202FSB, its dangerous for you ram:eek: I got mine to 201FSB with that board and Corsair pc3000, only with 2.8V.;)

You can't compare results for different types of RAM.
I've been running 3,29v for a few days now and my machine has been more stable than ever.

SBeaver said:

You can't compare results for different types of RAM.
I've been running 3,29v for a few days now and my machine has been more stable than ever.

I guess the OZ can take more voltage like Crucial, I'm pretty sure if I put that much voltage through my Corsair, they're gonna FRIED:p

Ahh, good news.
I will probably be able to swap cpu very soon so my multi problems are solved.
I'm selling it to a friend who wont be overclocking.
I'm gonna be more careful this time ;)

I agree, the XP333's are not that far behind, my memory bandwidth is not as good as kt333 with pc3200 cas 2.5 but the difference is not huge and memory band. does not matter that much anyway.
And besides from that there is nothing that newer boards have that the XP333 doesn't have, I mean really, how many actually need usb2 and firewire?
And that AGP 8X is not that big a deal either.
This board should hold out at least 6 moths more, maybe even longer.

YEZ!!!!!! now I'm back!
I swapped CPU and now I managed to unlock it too.
Now I will be running 203 fsb until the day I die :D
This is awsome :cool:

just a question though: I got a Duron 750 which I don't have any mobo for.
What can I do for it that doesn't require any money?

Emericana said:
yo can you post some sandra mem benches w/ that fsb? thanks. i wish my board had a 1/6 divisor lol.

Here is a screenshot running SPD on the timings and as I said 203fsb.
Screenshot didn't come out very well but you can still read it. How do I take a screenie from within snadra of just the bench?

Kato: allthough our benches differ a little I could say that we a re just about even.
What timings are you running?

It seems to have settled in a bit and will now go to 205fsb with the same settings (changed some AGP settings though but that doesn't have any impact right?)

SBeaver said:
I agree, the XP333's are not that far behind, my memory bandwidth is not as good as kt333 with pc3200 cas 2.5 but the difference is not huge and memory band. does not matter that much anyway.

Hehe, if memory performance doesn't matter why risk your ram with the extreme voltage just to get the speed up? A good stick of ram costs a lot more than a spiffy new KX7-333.

Back