• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temps with MCW462-UHT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
I finaly got my meanwell PSU today. I hooked everything up and let it run for acouple of hours. Right now with my 1.1 o.c.ed to 1.4 with a vcore of 1.85. My temps are 40C according to MBM5 and 43C according to my compnurse. This can't be right can it.

Heres something i took from another forum with someone with the same problem:

take the waterblock off the cpu

turn the watercooling system on(including the fan on the rad), then turn the TEC on, this is all without the computer/cpu on

does the waterblock form ice on it? If it doesnt, then I would say you have a problem with either your TEC, or your water cooling system cant keep the hot side cool enough to let the cold side of the TEC to cool...

That would be the first thing I would do to diagnose this problem.

umm with a TEC the waterblock should get hot, not form ice, the cold plate gets super cold if thats way you mean. Try what was said above and see if it gets frosty. also a little more info might help, the TEC might not be able to take the load of the cpu if its not big enough.

If your coldplate is truly cold, sounds like a mounting issue or possibly inadequate cooling under load. What are your water temps?

I think I found my problem. I placed the temp probe from my Compnurse in the water and it reads 41.3C. What I don't get is why is it this high. My rad is a super cube with a 120mm 131cfm YS-Tech on the back sucking the air out and a 120mm 90 some cfm Enermax fan blowing the air through. I guess it's time to get a Dtek heater core huh?

A Super Cube can't handle the heat without a ton of flow. Time for a heater core.

yes those cubes just SUCK! we should put in big print on the front page "DONT BUY CUBE RADIATORS!!!!"

get a rad and if you can 2 rads so you can get almost triple the cooling power.

Klownin79 said:
I wish I would've known this before.
Uh, don't try to get out of this one! MANY of us told you NOT to get a super cube (including myself) cause they are VERY restrictive. You said "My girlfriend thinks it looks cool so it must stay" or something to that effect. Remember now? Heatercore baby!

<----EDIT---->

Found the thread!!! Here is what you said klownin: "Never mind I found it. Plus I not allowed to use a heater core. My ol lady said no, cause they are ugly. So with her it has to look good and for me it has to work good."

Here is the thread: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108104

Last edited:
nikhsub1 said:

Found the thread!!! Here is what you said klownin: "Never mind I found it. Plus I not allowed to use a heater core. My ol lady said no, cause they are ugly. So with her it has to look good and for me it has to work good."

HA!:eek: HA! Now we know who wears the pants! I know I'd keep a worthless peice of equipment because my wife/girl friend told me the better more functional units *look* bad:rolleyes: ....
This is the same guy who also has a bone STOCK '91 Chevy pickup that will smoke Vipers, Chevelle SS's, and Vette's.....;)Thread Here

-PC

Last edited:
I was just wondering. How can the Swiftech rad hold up to the 226 watt pelt and give a temp of 19C load. Where as the Super rad gives a temp of 30-40C.

FYI~ its not smart to have 2x unequal fans on it..... because your creating a in equal pressure using 130 out 90in~

Back