Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Power Supplies and Electronic Devices
Power Supplies and Electronic Devices
Forum Jump

TOO many antecs....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 09-24-02, 11:10 PM Thread Starter   #1
willlangford

TOO many antecs....

Is it just me or does everyone under the sun have an antec style case now? I mean now everyone has one.....

~Will
willlangford is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-24-02, 11:13 PM   #2
Annoyingrob

10 Year Badge

Well, I was just going to post about the 1040 i just purchased, but now i dont know.

lol. They are a popular case,
Annoyingrob is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-24-02, 11:30 PM   #3
Tismedt
Shadow 's after me!!!

Popular because of the good air flow, solid build, lotsa room inside and good looks all at a affordable price. Ive had mine since Feb. and like it so much I bought a second one a couple months ago.
Tismedt is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-25-02, 12:06 AM Thread Starter   #4
willlangford

i think that they are great..but so many people have them...i like it when people mod them out then they arent like everyone elses.

~Will
willlangford is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-25-02, 01:32 AM   #5
Daemonfly

They're a good case, but personally I'm absolutely sick of them.

It doesn't help when newbies ask what they should do and most people just suggest Antec/Chieftec/whatever cases with a window & some rounded cables.

I'd almost say they're trendy
Daemonfly is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-25-02, 01:47 AM   #6
BaldHeadedDork

I ran a topic on this subject a couple of weeks ago.

If I don't see another one for a month or so it would be too soon. They are overdone, I think. But I feel so guilty for feeling that way because they are a great case at a very good price.

So I can't blame anyone who lays out their hard earned cash for one. But for me the sheer number of Cheiftecs made it worthwhile to eat ramen for a couple more weeks to get my Cooler Master.

BHD
BaldHeadedDork is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-25-02, 04:25 PM   #7
AmigoThree

Hehe I am proud to say that I have no antec....

AmigoThree is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-25-02, 04:26 PM   #8
AmigoThree

Heh that back fan looks really bright in the picture, there is also one in the front which you can kinda see in the vent.
AmigoThree is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-25-02, 06:13 PM   #9
turboalpine
Registered

Thumbs up Love those Alienware cases...

Nice to see someone else with a smooth, black, Alienware case. Mine is identical except I have the front sound and USB ports, with a few fans in the side. Great case after you take care of the ventilation a bit.

turboalpine
turboalpine is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 12:20 AM   #10
Top Hat Theater

I had that alienware one and I used four of the newer generation for client systems. They're great cases b/c of the "hydraulic" door. Cheap too.

~THT
Top Hat Theater is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 08:02 AM   #11
Lusankya

I have that same case and its running fine. hehe I got the window and the biohazard symbol also. But I'm gonna sell it as I am switching to a Lain Li PC70

Asus G1Sn-B1 7/18/2008- ??
Intel Core 2 Duo Penryn T9300 2.5GHz 6MB 800FSB/4GB DDR2/nVidia GeForce 9500M GS 512MB/15.4 WSXGA+ 1680X1050 (Wet)/320GB/Blue-Ray Disk/DVD-RW

Deceased:Sager NP9860 11/24/2004 - 7/9/2008.. R.I.P
Intel 3.4GHZ P4 LGA775, 800FSB/3GB 533DDR2/256MB PCI-Express NVIDIA GeForce GO 6800/60GB/17" WSXGA+ 1680 X 1050/8X DL DVD-R

Lusankya is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 10:01 AM   #12
CChaos

I must admit, I do see alot of these around. I bought one myself about a month ago and since then I've noticed alot of people have them. I think there is a reason for that. They are good cases at good prices. And really, is there anything wrong with that? I guess I'm just too new to have the urge to be different just for the sake of being different. I'm still happy to have a nice quick new machine I made myself. When that wears off maybe I'll buy a Lian-Li. They should be really trendy by then.
CChaos is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 10:18 AM   #13
Yodums

Yep, the majority have them. They aren't that expensive, or in other words affordable. They provide good room for extra fans on the panel or the top to expand into 120mm . They look extrememly nice when modded. They have alot of good features like rails which wear out the threads in your components.

I love mine

Lawrence: No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.
Yodums is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 10:38 AM   #14
broken003

somebody at antec did their homework. Good case at a good price...selling like crazy...sounds like a good business situation to be in.
broken003 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 11:40 AM   #15
AntecRep

At least we're coming out with new lines of cases, not based on that chassis. Granted the Solution Series aren't geared specifically to the DIY market. And if you go over to http://www.silentpcreview.com/module...rtid=41&page=1

You'll see a preview of another new case that's on the way.

AntecRep
AntecRep is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 12:01 PM   #16
NismoGTR

HI,

AntecRep also try and sort out something for UK customers!!!

Those cases are really expensive here.
I wanted to get the SX1240 which can be found for $135dollars, which converts to 86.
Closest Ive seen in UK for that case is 120, which equals ruffly $190dollars.

Im still trying to find that case at a reasonable price here, but I doubt I will. I'll probably have to go with Lian-Li, as they are cheaper than the case I wanted

IF you do have any decently priced suppliers in UK, please let me know, so I can go out and buy one! If not, do me a favour and sort out free postage, and I'll buy one right now!

Ohh yeah, that new case looks real nice,

NismoGTR
NismoGTR is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 02:22 PM   #17
AntecRep

For the 1240 part of the problem may be that we're going to phase that out.

Not a lot I can do about the pricing, recommended list on our site is 131, http://www.antec-europe.com/en_full_1240.html

However we don't control what our customers charge, so you may want to check around (our where to buy to start).

AntecRep
AntecRep is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 04:27 PM   #18
larva
Inactive Moderator

want to really be different

Don't pay any attention to what other people do and just use the best case for the job. I've had my SX830 for over two years now, and very few people had the case then. Two years later, many others have picked up on what a nice case and superior value it is. Does this reduce the suitibility of the this case for my application? Absolutely not!

To me paying more for a case that you have to mod to make it ventilate as well just because lots of others have Antec/Chieftec's is the silliest thing in the world. I'll replace my case when I see a truly better solution, the rest of the world be damned.

And don't pat Antec on the back too much, as neither they nor Chieftec actually make the cases. They are made by a company called Cheng Ming and sold under the Chieftec and Antec names. Antec did have the good sense to pick a superior case to sell, but they did not design or make it.

Memory 4x512MB BH5 - DDR440-2,2,2,5------------------------------------------------------Memory 2x512MB Corsair VS400-2.5,3,3,8
Cooling Scythe Ninja w/103cfm 120x38mm Sanyo-------------------------------------------Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 4 w/Intel 92mm fan
Sound SoundBastid Live Case AMS gTower PS TPII-480----------------------------------Sound Integrated audio Case Antec SLK1650 PS SP2-350
Storage 74GB Raptor - 2x200GB Samsung - LG4167b DVD-RW------------------------Storage 2x160GB Hitachi SATA - LG4163b DVD-RW - 250MB Zip
Display Dell 2005FPW 20" widescreen LCD Printer - Canon i9900
---------------Display Viewsonic VX2025 20" widescreen LCD Printer - Canon i860
larva is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 05:29 PM   #19
Kid Payne

I don't have one...yet. As I look around for a silver case with a window, I always go back to the antec from newegg. For the last week or so, I spend about 2 hrs a night looking and comparing cases of different sorts. Resistance is futile I say.
Kid Payne is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 05:55 PM   #20
o0OBruceLeeO0o

people should get what case they think looks good and will function right for them. They shoudlnt avoid a good case just because someone that lives probably a few thousand miles in many cases (no pun intended) away also has the case. THEY have to stare at the case at least 12 hours a day, (if your on the comp as much as me ) not you.

just my 2mhz
o0OBruceLeeO0o is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Power Supplies and Electronic Devices
Power Supplies and Electronic Devices