• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7v333 Agp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoJoMoJo

When i overclock to the 166 fsb at ill eventually get speckles in my screen. I lost a graphics card this way. Like the divisor isnt kicking the agp down at 166. I would like to reach the same clock speed with a lower multi and higher fsb but its not worth it if it burn up this card. anyone have any ideas? My graphics card is a PNY G4-4600 ti. Thanks.

What version Bios are you using?

There have been so many revisions for that board, its hard to tell what they have fixed/changed.

If you have a lower version then try 1013 Final or 1014 beta.

Ok i went back to the 13 bios no difference here at all. At the 133 bus my agp is at 66mhz at the 166its at 84mhz! Why doesnt asus have 1/5? When is this suppose to be kicking in and am I just not setting something up rt in my bios here? Cant afford to burn up a card and honest I toasted a prior G-4 4600 ti. I didnt realize it was from this but the card is showing the same symptoms at the higher bus speed. If the 1/5 is supposed to be kicking in its not.

Try running it at like 167 or 168 and see if it'll kick down then. Your clockgen might not be clicking over high enough to actually send it over 166. It might be at like, 165 and a bit.

Oni said:
Try running it at like 167 or 168 and see if it'll kick down then. Your clockgen might not be clicking over high enough to actually send it over 166. It might be at like, 165 and a bit.

Actually, they altered that Bios (1013 and 1014) so that the 1/5 kicks in around 162 or 163. I wonder if its working period or maybe there are still a few bugs?

what are u useing to tell the agp bus speeds? if u are useing sisoft sandra then i am pretty sure it is wrong
sisoft just dosent display the correct info on the a7v333... however if i am wrong then someone please correct me thankx

I was looking at the settings on BIOS 1012 last night and I thought the divisor kicked in around the early 160 mark? Will check tonight

ya any information would be appreciated. The tearing while loading windows on my screen even at 170 is backing the divisor isnt kicked in. In sissoft sandra its showing correctly at the 133 as 66 and at the 166 and up im way above 84 on the agp. Smooookkkkkkeeee the G-4, dont want to do that. the 1013 and 1014 bios are showing the same results. :confused:

i'm not saying u dont have a problem but i dont belive its an issue with agp/pci divisor i mean........ ok sisoft says my pci buss is at 45mhz and it also says my agp is at 90mhz...... i know that cant be tru because my hard drive would be going wacko at 45mhz and i really dont think my gf2 mx400 would like 90mhz eaither...... anyone know of some way of verifying the 1/5 pci/agp divisor??

Thanks man that would be great information. So let me back up here than lets suppose the AGP divisor is kicking in. My first G-4 got smoked at speeds above 166 I had it running on this board with 200 fsb to be exact I know.... But now when I go to the 166-180 fsb with a lower multiplier while windows is loading with the activity bar..... the screen starts to pixate. Like your overclocking the memory way to hard on the card. At lower speeds rt now Im running a 15 mulit with 144 fsb with the 4:5 memory divisor everything is hunky dorreeee. Go to 166,177,180 and I bite my teeth with no way of verifying the divisor is kicked in. Any knowledge on why my card is doing this with the only changes being the 166+ fsb would be much appreciated. Thanks again for the above post.

Back