• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issues with Turbo mode on A7V333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Detective

I recently flashed my BIOS to 1012 and when tweaking the BIOS settings I changed the Memory mode from Optimal to Turbo and rebooted (all other settings were at default and no overclocking was done). However the system wouldnt reboot due to "CPU Overclock" according to that delightful (not!) voice during startup! My setup is in my sig and my question is whether the problem is as straightforward as an issue with the Kingmax DRAM I am using or is there possibly some other explanation?

Your memory obviously does want to run at 2-2-2, leave the turbo setting on, and set the chip configuration to "user define" and set the "cas latency to "2.5" and it should boot.....let me know what happens.

actualy i'v had this prob also but i dont think i have at default fsb..... wut happened to me that i found out was that when i set turbo it just wont boot back up till i restart and it boots in safe mode (not windows just what the bios calls the default settings)
but i know its not my mem cause right now i am running my mem at the fastest timeings without an issue at 181fsb but turbo dont work

Thanks Slipperytoy will try setting the chip configuration manually and see if that helps. I have heard that Kingmax DDR doesnt like the 2-2-2 setting so that is probably the issue. Bobt17 that is precisely what happens with me - it reboots into windows at 1.3Ghz (safe mode) and I need to manually restore some settings.

Back