mobo drivers
video drivers
other hardware drivers-DVD,CD-RW, etc.
Antivirus software
applications
games
other

that sound good to you guys? any suggestions? thnks

.....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
.................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
AKA:supaiku
.................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!
CrashOveride is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 12:14 AM   #2
Oni
Oni-ni-Kanabō
Ninja Hippo eater Moderator

10 Year Badge

Sounds just like what I do.

Good luck!

On Indefinite Hiatus

Asus P6T SE
Intel i7 930 @ Stock
12GB Corsair DDR3 9-9-9-24
XFX Radeon 5830 @ Stock
Corsair 750 Watt PSU

Oni is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 01:04 AM   #3
gone_fishin
BandSaw King

OS updates? Then take an image before software is installed.
gone_fishin is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 01:07 AM Thread Starter   #4
CrashOveride

take an image? like so i have it with stuff installed or what... i dont quite get you... could you explain a bit more?

.....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
.................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
AKA:supaiku
.................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!
CrashOveride is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-26-02, 02:14 AM   #5
gone_fishin
BandSaw King

Powerquest DriveImage or Norton Ghost are two programs that you can make an image of a partition onto a cd or another partition. It will save you a lot of time if you should ever need to reinstall, 5 minutes compared to many hours. If you save it at the point of all drivers and updates installed, it should still fit on one cd. Get a virus or other nasty occurance and now you have a good starting point to build over again.
gone_fishin is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Microsoft Operating Systems
Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications