• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2800+ shipping out tuesday!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dose any 1 know the mhz speeds for those procs the (+2400, +2600, +2800) or at least he multi?:D :eh?: :D

oh and will kt333 board suppor tthem or sjut kt400

That's all well and good, but from what I've heard AMD hasn't even sampled (i.e. given samples to integrators and developers) those chips yet. For the record, Intel 3.06Ghz samples have been out for a while.

i was promted to the question by this:

"...and mainboard vendors are likely to start releasing new BIOS versions for their KT400 based products to support the newcomers. Who is going to be the first? :)"

in the article, any 1 know if the KT333 will in fact for sure support them?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

When I read the last paragraph it sounds to me that it says it will run on 333 boards and is wondering which 400 boards will have bios out to support the chip first...if the 333's won't work with the new chips, then hopefully all it will take is a new bios

ok well a kt333 will support a 333fsb its what it even is called.
supposedly a kt400 will support a 400 fsb.
these 2 chipsets havent been able to be proven since amd hasnt sent any samples out yet.and the only good a higher chipset rating is good for up till the 333 fsb xp is to achieve higher fsb oc's and push ddr memery up to the rambus range of wbandwith.

but any kt333 will run a 333fsb xp chip.id kinda question how well the kt400 will do tho.one thing you need to look at is your multiplier settings on a kt333 chipset and it may need a new bios upgrade.altho a 333 fsb will lower the multiplier its upto the mobo maker to give you the options.

well.... maybe we will actualy see it in a month...... the 2400+ and 2600+ area already "released" but we still cant buy one yet so whos to say the 2800+ will be any different

They are announcing them on Oct 1st. Actually releasing them is another thing all together.... Releasing the 280+ before the 2400+'s have been released would make them a laughing stock :D

Er this is merely a paper launch just like they "launched" the 2400+ and 2600+ we have yet to see them yet and when exactly were they launched?! Lets not get too carried away guys the 2400 and 2600's will be out over the next week or so as for the cpus' with 333 FSB dont hold your breath too long!

yes, the 2800 is still a tbred...and its socket A..which means all socket A amd boards SHOULD support them with a bios update...but definitly in the kt333 boards..since the kt400 boards arent any better than the kt333 boards..at least so far

I've also heard that the 1007 bios release for the A7M266-D dually board is supposed to give T-bred support for the Asus board. So this looks to be a viable upgrade path for dually owners too. I don't think that the 333 fsb procs will be supported on the AMD762 chipset because of the lack of 1/5 dividers. So that means that the 2400 and 2600 should work on a dual board, but there might be problems running the 333 fsb procs on them. This makes me wonder if AMD is going to keep the MP line of procs at 266 fsb when they get higher than 2600+?

No Way :eek: ...... AMD Early :eek: this is some mistake:eh?: It cannot be.

Well any way it will make the 2400+ cheaper for me :D :burn:

i hope this is not another paper release....to follow a dissapointing xp 2400/2600 release with another productless anouncement could really hurt amd's bid to stay afloat :( ......
i would love to get the xp 2800 if product will actually be ready for shipping....
i'll cross my fingers but im not going to hold my breath

Back